Using forge to create a custom Client

Glorfindel22

I am creating a survival server that will use a custom client and launcher. The custom launcher verifies your minecraft account password and username so it is not cracked. I feel it wrong for people to try and steal minecraft. However, in addition to creating a mod for forge (which is working fine) I am also modding some of the main forge files to create this custom client. For testing purposes I modified some of the text at the main screen

, when I run it in eclipse it works fine, however, I can't figure out how to get the modified forge code into a minecraft.jar. Where are fully compiled modified forge classes stored in the folders? Also since the client is based on forge what would I say? For now I have a short snippet of text at the bottom of the main screen that says "Client based on Forge version 7.8.1" Is that all I need?

Creator of the Recipe Expansion Pack mod.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1983421-172-forge-recipe-expansion-pack-version-012/

Updated to 1.7.2!

The simple solution is to not edit base classes.

Pretty much everything you would ever need to do can be done without base edits.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • WHO CAN HELP ME GET MY BITC0IN BACK WITH MIGHTY HACKER REC0VERY AND HIRE THE BEST HACKER FOR ALL HACKER SERVICES AT MIGHTY HACKER RECOVERY I can't believe the turn of events that led me to reclaiming my lost Bitc0in! A few months ago, I fell victim to a phishing scam and lost a significant amount of money. I was devastated and hopeless, believing I'd never see my money again. After some research, I came across Mighty Hacker Rec0very. Skeptical but desperate, I decided to contact them. I began chatting with one of their hackers and was immediately impressed by their expertise and professionalism. They patiently walked me through the recovery process, reassuring me along the way. They worked diligently on my case for several weeks, using their expertise to locate my lost funds. It was intense, but I felt optimistic for the first time since the scam. The communication was clear, and I received regular updates, which reduced my anxiety. Finally, I received the news that my Bitc0in had been successfully recovered! I couldn't believe it—I was ecstatic! I'm extremely grateful to the hacker who assisted me. Mighty Hacker Rec0very transformed a nightmare into a triumph, and I'm grateful beyond words. If anyone is in a similar situation, I highly recommend contacting them! WH@TS@PP: +1 8  45 6 99 50  44 EM@IL: support @ mightyhackerrecovery . com FB: mighty hacker recovery
    • A friend found this code, but I don't know where. It seems to be very outdated, maybe from 1.12? and so uses TextureManager$loadTexture and TextureManager$deleteTexture which both don't seem to exist anymore. It also uses Minecraft.getMinecraft().mcDataDir.getCanonicalPath() which I replaced with the resource location of my texture .getPath()? Not sure if thats entirely correct. String textureName = "entitytest.png"; File textureFile = null; try { textureFile = new File(Minecraft.getMinecraft().mcDataDir.getCanonicalPath(), textureName); } catch (Exception ex) { } if (textureFile != null && textureFile.exists()) { ResourceLocation MODEL_TEXTURE = Resources.OTHER_TESTMODEL_CUSTOM; TextureManager texturemanager = Minecraft.getMinecraft().getTextureManager(); texturemanager.deleteTexture(MODEL_TEXTURE); Object object = new ThreadDownloadImageData(textureFile, null, MODEL_TEXTURE, new ImageBufferDownload()); texturemanager.loadTexture(MODEL_TEXTURE, (ITextureObject)object); return true; } else { return false; }   Then I've been trying to go through the source code of the reload resource packs from minecraft, to see if I can "cache" some data and simply reload some textures and swap them out, but I can't seem to figure out where exactly its "loading" the texture files and such. Minecraft$reloadResourcePacks(bool) seems to be mainly controlling the loading screen, and using this.resourcePackRepository.reload(); which is PackRepository$reload(), but that function seems to be using this absolute confusion of a line List<String> list = this.selected.stream().map(Pack::getId).collect(ImmutableList.toImmutableList()); and then this.discoverAvailable() and this.rebuildSelected. The rebuild selected seemed promising, but it seems to just be going through each pack and doing this to them? pack.getDefaultPosition().insert(list, pack, Functions.identity(), false); e.g. putting them into a list of packs and returning that into this.selected? Where do the textures actually get baked/loaded/whatever? Any info on how Minecraft reloads resource packs or how the texture manager works would be appreciated!
    • This might be a long shot , but do you remember how you fixed that?
    • Yeah, I'll start with the ones I added last night.  Wasn't crashing until today and wasn't crashing at all yesterday (+past few days since removing Cupboard), so deductive reasoning says it's likeliest to be one of the new ones.  A few horse armor mods and a corn-based add-on to Farmer's Delight, the latter which I hope to keep - I could do without the horse armor mods if necessary.  Let me try a few things and we'll see. 
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.