"Privatize/Hide/restrict access to" raw block place/break/replace methods

zaitsevyan

My idea is to Privatize/Hide/restrict access to raw block actions methods and create wrappers with REQUIRED(it is very important!!) REAL PLAYER NICKNAME(id?, maybe, normally PlayerEntity) parameter, who is responsible for this actions. And add block break/place/replace events in this wrappers with "cancelable" option.

Add required "OWNER" property to all TileEntities(maybe to all Entities) and to save it - real player nickname(id?).

It improves anti-griffing tools and world logging for admins. You will ALWAYS know all actions with every block(with logging mods).

Normally, need to create ONE master account for blocks and entities, which are generated by server(which are not affected by player) - npc villages, monsters, etc...

Usage examples:

• ComputerCraft turtle will remember their owner and destroy/place blocks with owner's name.
  • RedPower, Applied Energetics (and other) block breakers/block deployers will break/place block with their owner's name.
  • IndustrialCraft 2 Miner...
  • IndustrialCraft 2 Laser... it generate small laser entities, which destroy blocks, with this modifications, this entity will have owner's nickname and affect blocks with this name.
  • RedPower, Redstone in Motion frame engines can save owner's nickname and generate block break/place events with this name...
  • GregTech,IC2,RP2 pumps...
  • IC2 nuclear reactor(on explosion), itnt, dynamite
  • TNT !!!
  • GraviSuite Vajra should be to add player's name parameter to its custom block breaking implementation on right mouse click...

Maybe, add new property to creepers/ender dragon(and other monsters, who can grif) which will be save nickname of player, who trigger mob action.

Nowadays, all modders create their custom implementations of this features. (block breaking/deploying actions, Forestry block privatization system)

P.S. Why do you always create modifications and hooks only(maybe I'm wrong) for single player? For me, multiplayer(10+ players) servers are very popular and, i think, forge developers could help admins of this servers...

P.S. I'm an admin of server with mods, who is tired of looking for reasons of griffing.

P.S. Sorry for my English :(

Modders should just save the name of the player who placed it in the tile entity.

THEN post the event in the name of said player.

Would make my life easier as well, as developer of a forge permissions mod.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

before LexManos replies to this, I'm going to assume he'll say something along the lines of

we won't do it because there's no guarantee people would do anything with it and it could cause problems if someone does things they shouldn't ...

personally I think just having a way to detect which player broke what block would be enough. maybe an event or method?

Every modder need to code it in every mod, in every tileentity. I think, forge could do it automatically.

<sarcasm>

im the owner of a server for my mod, i really wanted to spend hours and hours trying to see if "sweetcat13" if friend with "monkeypower136" and did he/she had a good reason to break his block. that would be awesome!

</sarcasm>

if you look at forge repo theres 1-2 PR about block break/place method as well as at least 2 coremods that implement something like this (forge essentials and mine, probably more)

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-