Can you use eclipse to mod in 1.19.2

sphee

I'm wanting to update my mod from 1.12.2 to 1.19.2 but i've tried making a new project for 1.19.2 (1.19.2-43.1.7 on forge) and ran all the commands yet there doesn't seem to be a eclipse folder that i can open with eclipse.

After Running (in the correct directory)

gradlew genEclipseRuns

then

gradlew eclipse

it still doesnt create one. It does create a .project file but i've tried many things on eclipse and still i can find no way to open it. If i open the folder as a whole or create a eclipse folder the eclipse package explorer is empty. I've looked up on how people make this but everyone seems to be using intellij idea.

The version of eclipse i'm using eclipse 2018-09 (4.9.0)

I have java 17 jdk installed is well.

I've been following along with the forge docs.

File -> import -> gradle -> existing gradle project

You only need the geneclipseruns task if you want to run minecraft inside the ide. It generates eclipse's native run configurations from the gradle config.

And the plain eclipse task is redundant. buildship will overwrite the files it generates with its own project settings anyway.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

12 minutes ago, warjort said:

File -> import -> gradle -> existing gradle project

You only need the geneclipseruns task if you want to run minecraft inside the ide. It generates eclipse's native run configurations from the gradle config.

And the plain eclipse task is redundant. buildship will overwrite the files it generates with its own project settings anyway.

I'm trying to import the gradle project by giving it my mod directory but its complaining about the root directory is the same directory as my workspace one.

I've tried making a folder within my workspace for eclipse but then it does nothing when i press finish after giving it the root directory for the gradle project.

Just create an empty folder and use that as your workspace.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

14 minutes ago, warjort said:

Just create an empty folder and use that as your workspace.

That is what i've done but let still doesn't allow me to click finish, even if a create a totally different folder in a different directory and try to import it into that

Edited by sphee

Don't know then. It's probably something to do with your eclipse being 4 years old?

I suggest you talk to the eclipse/buildship people or upgrade eclipse.

Boilerplate: