Forge crashing minecraft launcher error code 1

Ive been having a really hard time trying to solve what is causing my minecraft forge to crash when attempting to play, immediately after i press play it crashes. I deleted all my mods and currently have none in my mods folder so i know it has nothing to do with outdated mods or mods in general, its forge. I can still play vanilla minecraft. 

I have done the following:

-reinstalled java

-reinstalled forge

-reinstalled minecraft launcher

-deleting and reinstalling versions of minecraft

-deleting and reinstalling forge for different versions of minecraft

-deleted all mods

-deleted my .minecraft folder then relaunching minecraft before launching forge again

-turning off my firewalls then relaunching minecraft forge

-giving more ram to the installation folder

-changing the java pathway (so it is not using the bundled java)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is still not working for me too unfortunately, and i have tried reaching out directly to get support from forge off of the curse forge website but they did not help and instead redirected me here again where my problem remains unsolved, id appreciate it if someone could reach out to me and help, as many others i have encountered online are having the same problem .

Edited by Breyauna Jacobs
typo

Aah more people with the same issue! Happy to hear I am not alone here, but still no solution ....

What I have done in order:

- Reinstalled java, forge and Minecraft launcher

👉 Still error code 1

- Tried different versions of Forge, also mod packs I know have been working

👉 Still error code 1

- Tried Minecraft without Forge

👉 works without any issue

- Check all mods if they are the right compatible versions and have all needed files on the right places

👉 works without any issue

- Deleted and reinstalled versions of Minecraft, java, forge and Minecraft launcher. Tried with several different Forge versions

👉 Still error code 1

- Changing the java pathway, tried with several different Forge versions

👉 Still error code 1

- Deleted all mods and tried with different versions of Forge

👉 Still error code 1

- Gave max ram to the installation folder, tried with several different Forge versions

👉 Still error code 1

- Saw this post and yes, I did have indeed an update on my ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX (Nvidia) card, updated this one, rebooted pc, tried with forge without and with mod and several different versions

👉 Still error code 1

- Check for every single possible update for anything on my pc and updated where there was an update, 

rebooted pc, tried with forge without and with mod and several different versions

👉 Still error code 1

- Did a reset of my pc ........ 

tried with forge without and with mod and several different versions

👉 Still error code 1

So yes, I guess I have to stop playing this game .... just now I have made a server for my son to play on together with me .... As there is no issue when forge is not involved it must be something related with forge.

pc specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor, 3.89 GHz, 32 MB cache

Installed RAM: 32.0 GB (2x16GB, G.Skill Trident DDR4 3600 MHz)

ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming

And yes, error messages in the log like:

------------- Part 1 ---------

[23:52:52] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\fmlcore\1.20.1-47.1.1\fmlcore-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar is missing mods.toml file
[23:52:52] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\javafmllanguage\1.20.1-47.1.1\javafmllanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar is missing mods.toml file
[23:52:52] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\lowcodelanguage\1.20.1-47.1.1\lowcodelanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar is missing mods.toml file
[23:52:52] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\mclanguage\1.20.1-47.1.1\mclanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar is missing mods.toml file
--- and then it says:

[23:52:52] [main/INFO]: Found mod file fmlcore-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar of type LIBRARY with provider net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.MinecraftLocator@11f9535b
[23:52:52] [main/INFO]: Found mod file javafmllanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar of type LANGPROVIDER with provider net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.MinecraftLocator@11f9535b
[23:52:52] [main/INFO]: Found mod file lowcodelanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar of type LANGPROVIDER with provider net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.MinecraftLocator@11f9535b
[23:52:52] [main/INFO]: Found mod file mclanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar of type LANGPROVIDER with provider net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.MinecraftLocator@11f9535b

------------- Part 2 ---------

[23:52:53] [main/WARN]: Attempted to select a dependency jar for JarJar which was passed in as source: geckolib. Using Mod File: C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Trails and Tails Enhanced [Forge]\mods\geckolib-forge-1.20.1-4.2.1.jar
[23:52:53] [main/WARN]: Attempted to select a dependency jar for JarJar which was passed in as source: cloth_config. Using Mod File: C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Trails and Tails Enhanced [Forge]\mods\cloth-config-11.1.106-forge.jar
[23:52:53] [main/WARN]: Attempted to select a dependency jar for JarJar which was passed in as source: resourcefullib. Using Mod File: C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Trails and Tails Enhanced [Forge]\mods\resourcefullib-forge-1.20.1-2.1.4.jar

---- Got them there and in the right version ---

------------- Part 3 ---------

[23:52:53] [main/INFO]: Starting runtime mappings setup...
[23:52:53] [main/INFO]: Injecting ScriptModLocator candidates...
[23:52:53] [main/INFO]: Injected Jimfs file system
[23:52:53] [main/INFO]: Skipped loading script mods from directory C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Trails and Tails Enhanced [Forge]\mods\scripts as it did not exist.
[23:52:53] [main/INFO]: Injected ScriptModLocator mod candidates. Found 0 valid mod candidates and 0 broken mod files.

------ Just not sure about this last ScriptModLocator error, as it does say "found", but here it says found 0. Yes, the \mods\scripts is empty but I cannot find what to put in here then

• Like 1

Please note that "error code 1" only means "it crashed", with error code 0 meaning "game closed without crashing".

To help diagnose your issue we need your debug.log in full, found in %AppData%\.minecraft\logs\ . Please put it on pastebin.com and provide a link

[23:52:52] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\fmlcore\1.20.1-47.1.1\fmlcore-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar is missing mods.toml file
[23:52:52] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\javafmllanguage\1.20.1-47.1.1\javafmllanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar is missing mods.toml file
[23:52:52] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\lowcodelanguage\1.20.1-47.1.1\lowcodelanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar is missing mods.toml file
[23:52:52] [main/WARN]: Mod file C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Install\libraries\net\minecraftforge\mclanguage\1.20.1-47.1.1\mclanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar is missing mods.toml file

These can be safely ignored, it's not an error.

[23:52:52] [main/INFO]: Found mod file fmlcore-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar of type LIBRARY with provider net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.MinecraftLocator@11f9535b
[23:52:52] [main/INFO]: Found mod file javafmllanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar of type LANGPROVIDER with provider net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.MinecraftLocator@11f9535b
[23:52:52] [main/INFO]: Found mod file lowcodelanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar of type LANGPROVIDER with provider net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.MinecraftLocator@11f9535b
[23:52:52] [main/INFO]: Found mod file mclanguage-1.20.1-47.1.1.jar of type LANGPROVIDER with provider net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.MinecraftLocator@11f9535b

From top to bottom, this is saying "found the mod loader", "found the java mod support", "found the lowcode mod support (think global datapacks)", "found the game".

[23:52:53] [main/WARN]: Attempted to select a dependency jar for JarJar which was passed in as source: geckolib. Using Mod File: C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Trails and Tails Enhanced [Forge]\mods\geckolib-forge-1.20.1-4.2.1.jar
[23:52:53] [main/WARN]: Attempted to select a dependency jar for JarJar which was passed in as source: cloth_config. Using Mod File: C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Trails and Tails Enhanced [Forge]\mods\cloth-config-11.1.106-forge.jar
[23:52:53] [main/WARN]: Attempted to select a dependency jar for JarJar which was passed in as source: resourcefullib. Using Mod File: C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Trails and Tails Enhanced [Forge]\mods\resourcefullib-forge-1.20.1-2.1.4.jar

JarJar is the name for Forge's jar-in-jar system. Basically, mods can embed dependencies and libraries inside their mod jar. These log messages are saying it already found the required deps as normal jars and will be using those instead of embedded ones, nothing to worry about.

[23:52:53] [main/INFO]: Starting runtime mappings setup...
[23:52:53] [main/INFO]: Injecting ScriptModLocator candidates...
[23:52:53] [main/INFO]: Injected Jimfs file system
[23:52:53] [main/INFO]: Skipped loading script mods from directory C:\Users\svanb\curseforge\minecraft\Instances\Trails and Tails Enhanced [Forge]\mods\scripts as it did not exist.
[23:52:53] [main/INFO]: Injected ScriptModLocator mod candidates. Found 0 valid mod candidates and 0 broken mod files.

This isn't part of Forge. We need your debug.log to be able to assist you further.

Edited by Paint_Ninja
Address each part of the partial logs provided
  • Like 1

I copied and pasted my crash log in the pastebin website following your instructions, heres the link: https://pastebin.com/4YYvMv1R  hopefully i did it right and inserted the right crash log, I followed your instructions on how to find the debug.logs and just clicked on the most recent one, but i can just try starting up minecraft with forge again to get a new crash report and copy and paste that to be sure it's the right one. Heres the log right after the game crashed: https://pastebin.com/zYYfydKX

Edited by Breyauna Jacobs
more information

On 7/23/2023 at 10:26 PM, Breyauna Jacobs said:

I copied and pasted my crash log in the pastebin website following your instructions, heres the link: https://pastebin.com/4YYvMv1R  hopefully i did it right and inserted the right crash log, I followed your instructions on how to find the debug.logs and just clicked on the most recent one, but i can just try starting up minecraft with forge again to get a new crash report and copy and paste that to be sure it's the right one. Heres the log right after the game crashed: https://pastebin.com/zYYfydKX

The first one looks like a log from running the Vanilla game without Forge. The second one indicates a possible driver issue. Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

8 hours ago, Sandra van Buggenum said:

"To help diagnose your issue we need your debug.log in full, found in %AppData%\.minecraft\logs\ . Please put it on pastebin.com and provide a link"

If I could, I would. But there is no debug.log. Even reinstalled all again, but nothing :/

If you're using the CurseForge launcher, you need to turn it on in the settings.

To enable debug logging in the Curseforge app, open the app and click the cog/gear icon in the bottom-left of the app. This will open the app settings.

In the app settings, choose Minecraft under Game Specific settings and toggle on the Enable Forge debug log option, as shown below.

image.thumb.png.5ee4d68e202e485306985bb2369f2551.png

• 9 months later...