set ItemID

xGamer_Allx

Hello all, I set a id for my custom item...(the id is 3100)

but when I run minecrfat, minecraft forge set the item's id to 31999.....

In the console there is this message:

Mod attempted to get a item ID with a default value in the block ID section, mod authors should make sure there defaults are above 3840 unless explicitly needed so that all block ids are free to store blocks.

2013-10-03 21:26:36 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] Config "/config/testchannel/test.cfg" Category: "item" Key: "Test Item IDs" Default: 3100

Why?

Let me guess.

3100 is LESS than 3840

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

ok I set my id to 3900.... but minecraft forge ad 256 to my id!

Holdover from when BlockIDs and ItemIDs shared the same "0" and blocks were the first 256 in the array.

You can't fix that.  Blame Mojang.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

There's no way to solve?

In some mod I've seen if you set the 4500 ingame id is 4500 D;

int myItemID = congif.getItem("someItem",4500) - 256;

MAGIC

Seriously.  It's called MATH.