Weird random lag for 15 minutes+ each time

ninehous

(Just to clarify: I'm not a noob)

MC 1.6.4 MinecraftForge 9.11.1.965

Every once in a while, when playing, I encounter a HUGE FPS drop. From ~80 FPS to ~5 FPS. After some time the lag magically disappears like it was never there (and after some more time it returns). When pressing SHIFT+F3 I see that the "Tick" slice of the pie chart is taking about 90%, and by looking at the launcher console I see a lot of lines like this: [sTDOUT] Something's taking too long! 'root' took aprox 526.230657 ms. Any ideas what is "root"? Or, can someone tell the cause to this spam (and what is causing this to actually take too long)?

If I'll know the cause to this issue I'll share the solution immediately.

(Please don't kill me if it's too obvious!)

I run Opis profiles every 30 minutes or so and everything seems fine Tick-wise. /forge tps gives a tick time of 12.something ms (with the lag) which is awesome.

Forge client log: https://gist.github.com/ninehous/31c982bb9cb12725a80a

No server log due to the fact that this happened in a SP world.

If I missed some important info that could help, please reply and tell me what I missed.

Before you write something that makes me dumb, read a couple of my posts back, and think again.

We can['t diagnose 'Random lag'

You'll have to learn how to use a profiler, like JProfiler, or start killing your mods and trying to reproduce.

If you're around a certain area, or you're causing world gen, things like that will help you track down the issue. However Forge doesn't case 'random lag'

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I know forge doesn't cause random lag (unless you have a really crappy computer).

I'll try to kill mods and see what happens, because the lag is not related to a specific area.

Before you write something that makes me dumb, read a couple of my posts back, and think again.

Apparently, removing only PortalGun fixes everything. There are still tiny lag spikes every now and then, but they're normal because I have 134 mods and don't have a super computer (yet :P).

Apparently, removing only PortalGun fixes everything. There are still tiny lag spikes every now and then, but they're normal because I have 134 mods and don't have a super computer (yet :P).

a houndred and *faints*

i can't have 10 mods without lagging out every here and there. Did it not occur to you that may be the cause of the lag?

Communication is a vital tool, in the game industry you won't go anywhere without it. People are either going to learn to talk, or move on.

a houndred and *faints*

i can't have 10 mods without lagging out every here and there. Did it not occur to you that may be the cause of the lag?

A friend of mine runs a server with over 230 mods.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

a houndred and *faints*

Look at what I wrote again.