Forgegradle doesn't save my assets package

Assaru

Hi everybody! I have now finished my European cities mod ;D, so i tried exporting it. I used gradlew build, and it said "build successful". All of that went as expected. The problem showed up when I started up my normal minecraft client (with forge and my mod). None of the textures showed up. I googled the problem and everything said something like "make sure you don't have any capitalisation errors". I double checked my code like a 100 times, but that didn't fix the problem. Then I got the idea to check what's inside the .jar and if it is the path in the .jar file that's wrong. I opened the .jar and found that my assets folder was missing. only the main package with the code was in the .jar. I then manually tried copying the assets folder from the src/main/java folder and put it in the .jar, but then when I tried to start minecraft it said that it couldn't find the main class.

Screenshot of whats inside the .jar (right after exporting) (I don't know why its says its from the 80's)

eK3LSEx.png

How did you 'export' the jar. If you did it through your IDE that is wrong.

Just run gradlew build

Your assets DO NOT go in your src/main/JAVA folder that is for JAVA files

They go in src/main/RESOURCES/ as they are RESOURCES.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon