Detect if the sneak key is pressed.

Busti

Hello,

I am trying to display information in the infobox of an Item when the sneak key is pressed. How would I go about this?

Thanks

- Busti

P.S. I know how to display the information I just want to know if the sneak key is pressed...

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

player.isSneaking?

If my post helped you, please press that "Thank You"-button to show your appreciation.

Also if you don't know Java, I would suggest you read the official tutorials by Oracle to get an idea of how to do this. Thanks, and good modding!

Also if you haven't, set up a Git repo for your mod not only for convinience but also to make it easier to help you.

Put a key watcher on the client and send a packet to the server when pressed.  there is a way to watch for pressed and lifted if you want to know both.

Sorry, don't remember the exact syntax for it, but you should be able to search and find it.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

Sorry, I don't have the code handy so I don't remember the exact setup, but I don't think you need a tickhandler to determine if the key is pressed.  Its an event of sometype.

Here is something on keybinding

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Key_Binding

And another one.

http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-forge-1721710-keybinding.html

Simple search.

you can also watch for default minecraft key presses.  That should be more than enough for you to mess around and figure it out.

Happy to try and help

Thanks. Not exactly what I was expecting but I kinda knew that it would end like this. I just wanted to make it a one liner. It seems a bit overly complicated for just that purpose.

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

It is the type of thing you should have  build in your various code banks to copy over when you need it.  I could copy it into a new mod in a few minutes since I already have it built in and existing mod.

Happy to try and help

I was willing to give you a copy, but was more suggesting you go through the process of developing your own so you had it in your arsenal for the future.

Happy to try and help

Curious, does this still work if the player rebinds the sneak key to something other than shift?

No, it just checks with the raw number for SHIFT.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.