ModelRenderer .addBox To use Floats in all 6 values

American2050

So I'm experimenting with making Custom models, as for now I always made very basic ones, and using Techne, Techne limits me to use INT values for Size when adding a box.

Apparently this is not the case when using Cubik. A friend sent me a model he made on Cubik and it had "float" values on the size, those give an error when trying to add them in the code.

Elem12 = new ModelRenderer(this, 0, 0);
	Elem12.addBox(0F, 0F, 0F, 2, 0.5, 1.5);

Looking at the code I see that those second set of 3 values that need to be int, are added later in the code to a float value and from there on, they always used as floats (At least that's what I think)

My question is, is there any way to overwrite or do something in my code to be able to send all 6 values as floats? (I guess rewriting the method, but I'm not familiar with things like that)

Ok, if anyone have some idea I'm all ears :)

Thanks a lot.

You can write your own ModelRenderer class extending the vanilla one to do some tweaks.

I've done that to create some cool effects but never tried what you are saying.

For the few cases where I wanted something smaller, I just made a big model and then scaled it down.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help

My question is, is there any way to overwrite or do something in my code to be able to send all 6 values as floats? (I guess rewriting the method, but I'm not familiar with things like that)

This is just basic Java. You simply need to make your own method called something like createModelRendererFloat() with the parameters you want. In that method you would convert the parameters (floats to int) and then return a new ModelRenderer.

To convert float to int, you simply have to round the float and then cast it to int.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

If you really need to use floats for size and don't wanna scale it down, just:

[*]Extend

ModelBlock

class in your own ModelBox (e.g. ModelBoxFloat), copy the code from the super constructor and make your own with float values instead of int values (don't forget to give those parameters sane names). See (1) for an example

[*]Extend

ModelRenderer

class in your own ModelRenderer (e.g. ModelRendererFloat) and have it constructors matching the super constructors, like (2). Then make your own addBox methods mimicking the superclass methods, but instead you use ModelBoxFloat instead of ModelBox and float instead of int (e.g. (3))

public ModelBoxFloat(ModelRenderer renderer, int textureX, int textureY, float xCoord, float yCoord, float zCoord, float sizeX, float sizeY, float sizeZ, float scale)
{
    this.posX1 = xCoord;
    this.posY1 = yCoord;
    this.posZ1 = zCoord;
    this.posX2 = xCoord + sizeX;
    this.posY2 = yCoord + sizeY;
    this.posZ2 = zCoord + sizeZ;
    // rest of code
}

WARNING: 2 fields (

vertexPositions

and

quadList

) are private, meaning you'd need reflection to access them!

(Or just override the render() method as well and use your own quadList field. AFAIK

vertexPositions

is never used anywhere outside of the constructor, so you can probably omit that)

public ModelRendererFloat(ModelBase model, int textureX, int textureY)
{
        super(model, textureX, textureY);
}

public void addBox(float xCoord, float yCoord, float zCoord, int p_78790_4_, float sizeX, float sizeY, float sizeZ, float scale)
{
    this.cubeList.add(new ModelBoxFloat(this, this.textureOffsetX, this.textureOffsetY, xCoord, yCoord, zCoord, sizeX, sizeY, sizeZ, scale));
}

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

If you really need to use floats for size and don't wanna scale it down, just:

[*]Extend

ModelBlock

class in your own ModelBox (e.g. ModelBoxFloat), copy the code from the super constructor and make your own with float values instead of int values (don't forget to give those parameters sane names). See (1) for an example

[*]Extend

ModelRenderer

class in your own ModelRenderer (e.g. ModelRendererFloat) and have it constructors matching the super constructors, like (2). Then make your own addBox methods mimicking the superclass methods, but instead you use ModelBoxFloat instead of ModelBox and float instead of int (e.g. (3))

public ModelBoxFloat(ModelRenderer renderer, int textureX, int textureY, float xCoord, float yCoord, float zCoord, float sizeX, float sizeY, float sizeZ, float scale)
{
    this.posX1 = xCoord;
    this.posY1 = yCoord;
    this.posZ1 = zCoord;
    this.posX2 = xCoord + sizeX;
    this.posY2 = yCoord + sizeY;
    this.posZ2 = zCoord + sizeZ;
    // rest of code
}

WARNING: 2 fields (

vertexPositions

and

quadList

) are private, meaning you'd need reflection to access them!

(Or just override the render() method as well and use your own quadList field. AFAIK

vertexPositions

is never used anywhere outside of the constructor, so you can probably omit that)

public ModelRendererFloat(ModelBase model, int textureX, int textureY)
{
        super(model, textureX, textureY);
}

public void addBox(float xCoord, float yCoord, float zCoord, int p_78790_4_, float sizeX, float sizeY, float sizeZ, float scale)
{
    this.cubeList.add(new ModelBoxFloat(this, this.textureOffsetX, this.textureOffsetY, xCoord, yCoord, zCoord, sizeX, sizeY, sizeZ, scale));
}

Thanks man, and everyone, yes I finally did that, I wasn't sure it was going to work, and to be honest, it wasn't so difficult as I thought it was going to be.

So far everything seams to work ok, I can render a 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 Cube, so.... so far, going great... :D

Next time I will see how to make possible render other things :P Like a Sphere lol

I know Extra Utilities has a "Block" with the name of "Impossible" that creates an Sphere for every block in game.

That also would be nice to add on my "Custom Render" classes now ;)

Once again, thanks.