[1.8] Custom block model -> no ambient occlusion

DBLouis

Hi

There is no ambient occlusion on the ore block, which are rendered with a custom model.

Here one image to understand the problem :

1449055312-capture-du-2015-12-02-10-29-49.png

And some code :

Block class :

https://gist.github.com/Spooky4672/92d49f456b063e2fecdb

Model class :

https://gist.github.com/Spooky4672/6adc83c99b7593e4ab98

That's weird because in the model class ambient occlusion is set to true ...

I'll have fry take a look at the issue, but also, why is this a custom model.. you're rendering a normal model... just with two layers... JSON should allow you to do that just fine.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

1) lighting system needs correct normals to be specified to generate the correct AO shadowing data; you're using very old hard-coded code to generate the vertex data, which doesn't do that - if you want to generate the model like this, look at custom model loaders that are in forge.

2) retexturing like this can be accomplished more easily - get cube model from the registry (ModelLoaderRegistry.getModel(new ResourceLocation("block/cube_all"), or something similar), or make a json model with 2 layers, which would be more appropriate for this; cast to IRetexturableModel (with checking), and call retexture. Look at uses of IRetexturableModel in forge for examples.

I have tested a lot of things, nothings works. When you say "cast to IRetexturableModel (with checking)" can you show me an example. Because in every cases, I end up with a exception

Do I have to implement an IRetexturableModel ? Or can I use the class Wrapper in B3DLoader ?