Where can I find the Javadoc for 1.8.9?

PourBrough

There are doc comments in the Forge/Minecraft code, but I don't think Forge actually compiles Javadoc pages. If you've set up your workspace properly, you should be able to view this code from your IDE.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

There are doc comments in the Forge/Minecraft code, but I don't think Forge actually compiles Javadoc pages. If you've set up your workspace properly, you should be able to view this code from your IDE.

Can you explain how? I ran gradlew setupDevWorkspace and then gradlew eclipse. When I tried running setupDecompWorkspace like the guide says, it wouldn't import anything Forge related. Even the example mod was full of missing classes.

Edit: Never mind. I see them under Referenced Libraries.

I've complained before that the guide says "setupDecompWorkspace" and not dev, but whoever is in charge of that file hasn't bothered changing it.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I've complained before that the guide says "setupDecompWorkspace" and not dev, but whoever is in charge of that file hasn't bothered changing it.

setupDecompWorkspace

gives you the source,

setupDevWorkspace

doesn't.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

setupDecompWorkspace

gives you the source,

setupDevWorkspace

doesn't.

Yes, thank you.  That's not what I said is it?

-------------------------------------------

Source installation information for modders

Standalone source installation

==============================

To install this source code for development purposes, extract this zip file.

It ships with a demonstration mod. Run 'gradlew setupDevWorkspace' to create

a gradle environment primed with FML. Run 'gradlew eclipse' or 'gradlew idea' to

create an IDE workspace of your choice.

Refer to ForgeGradle for more information about the gradle environment

Note: On macs or linux you run the './gradlew.sh' instead of 'gradlew'

Forge source installation

=========================

MinecraftForge ships with this code and installs it as part of the forge

installation process, no further action is required on your part.

THAT is what I was referring to.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

setupDecompWorkspace

gives you the source,

setupDevWorkspace

doesn't.

Source installation information for modders

Standalone source installation

==============================

To install this source code for development purposes, extract this zip file.

It ships with a demonstration mod. Run 'gradlew setupDevWorkspace' to create

a gradle environment primed with FML. Run 'gradlew eclipse' or 'gradlew idea' to

create an IDE workspace of your choice.

Refer to ForgeGradle for more information about the gradle environment

Note: On macs or linux you run the './gradlew.sh' instead of 'gradlew'

Forge source installation

=========================

MinecraftForge ships with this code and installs it as part of the forge

installation process, no further action is required on your part.

But... the guide does say dev... :P Or did you mean it the other way around, since hardly anyone would ever bother using the dev version? Or maybe they did change it?

But... the guide does say dev... :P Or did you mean it the other way around, since hardly anyone would ever bother using the dev version? Or maybe they did change it?

It says "dev" and should say "decomp." They've never changed it, as far as I know.

Are you looking at an old version of the README? The latest MDK's README tells you to use

setupDecompWorkspace

and only suggests using

setupDevWorkspace

if you don't need the source code. Even Forge's README suggests using

setupDecompWorkspace

if you want the decompiled classes.

I'll be honest, I haven't looked at the newer files.  I just know that it was that way for friggin' ages (I pulled that from 1291, the latest 1.7.10 version I have).