Play sound no associated to player location

American2050

I want to know if is it possible to play a sound, and keep it playing even if the player moves from the current location.

Or in my case, when a player dies, if he click Respawn, the sound "stops playing" well, it actually still playing at the location where he died.

world.playSound(null, pos, ModSounds.PLAYER_DEAD, SoundCategory.MASTER, 1.0F, 1.0F);

I thought that using category Master was going to fix that, but it does not, I guess I have to trigger the sound on a different way?

Not sure which version you are using, but in 1.8 and earlier there was a method like the following:

worldObj.playSoundEffect(x, y, z, sound_name, volume, pitch);

If you call that on the server, it will notify and play the sound for all nearby client players. If one player dies, the others will still be able to hear the sound for as long as it lasts, and the sound should fade if they walk away.

If that doesn't work for you, you can try playing the sound as a record instead - remember to change the sound category to 'record' in your sounds.json file before you do so.

I think the problem is that the sound played is positioned on the method.

So you should manually create your own ISound, and play sound with Minecraft SoundHandler.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

• 2 months later...

Are you trying to play the sound at a specific location, or continue playing it for a player no matter where that player may go?

Yes the 2nd, I'm trying to make the sound still playing, no matter where the player is, like when he dies for example, and he respawn, he should still be hearing the sound.

Or even walking, when the sound gets triggered the way I'm calling it now it plays the sound at that position and stays there, I need it to "go" with the player.

Thanks, sorry on the late response to this I got busy with other stuff.

Are you trying to play the sound at a specific location, or continue playing it for a player no matter where that player may go?

Yes the 2nd...

Then it seems that you want to use a lower-level client-side sound method and avoid "positioned sound". Just feed a sound into the sound engine.

Rather than looking at the minecart, which plays a continuous moving sound (position updated as minecart moves), you want something like the background music or GUI feedback sounds that are a purely local experience not heard by other players.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.

Yes the 2nd...

Then it seems that you want to use a lower-level client-side sound method and avoid "positioned sound". Just feed a sound into the sound engine.

Rather than looking at the minecart, which plays a continuous moving sound (position updated as minecart moves), you want something like the background music or GUI feedback sounds that are a purely local experience not heard by other players.

Thanks, not sure where I will find that, but gonna look around on the Vanilla code.

Go find MovingPositionedSound and then go find it's super class.  Which is unsurprisingly called...PositionedSound.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Go find MovingPositionedSound and then go find it's super class.  Which is unsurprisingly called...PositionedSound.

And then keep going so you can escape from being "positioned". Call up all of the nearby vanilla classes to see where to inject a server-side sound to play regardless of where the player is.

Now, if you want other nearby players to hear this sound as if it's coming from the triggering player, then you have the case much like the minecart (where the server follows an entity and updates a sound's position for all to hear).

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.