ArmorMaterial - What does each parameter mean? [1.10.2]

nedas60

ArmorMaterial - What does each parameter mean? I tried following some tutorials but it seems like there are pretty muchs none 1.10 ones. I have the code:

public static ArmorMaterial INFUSED_ARMOR = EnumHelper.addArmorMaterial("INFUSED_ARMOR", (NEED HELP), 200, new int[] {4, 9, 7, 4}, 30, (NEED HELP), 0);

Also I want the armor to be good but not make you invulnerable. I read that if the new int[] {numbers} reaches 25 you will be invulnerable. How do you bypass that?

Hmm. If only Forge had a way to view the original Minecraft source code....

OH WAIT IT DOES

/**
         * Holds the maximum damage factor (each piece multiply this by it's own value) of the material, this is the
         * item damage (how much can absorb before breaks)
         */
        private final int maxDamageFactor;
        /**
         * Holds the damage reduction (each 1 points is half a shield on gui) of each piece of armor (helmet, plate,
         * legs and boots)
         */
        private final int[] damageReductionAmountArray;
        /** Return the enchantability factor of the material */
        private final int enchantability;
        private ArmorMaterial(String p_i47117_3_, int p_i47117_4_, int[] p_i47117_5_, int p_i47117_6_, SoundEvent p_i47117_7_, float p_i47117_8_)
        {
            this.name = p_i47117_3_;
            this.maxDamageFactor = p_i47117_4_;
            this.damageReductionAmountArray = p_i47117_5_;
            this.enchantability = p_i47117_6_;
            this.soundEvent = p_i47117_7_;
            this.toughness = p_i47117_8_;
        }
        /**
         * Return the damage reduction (each 1 point is a half a shield on gui) of the piece index passed (0 = helmet, 1
         * = plate, 2 = legs and 3 = boots)
         */
        public int getDamageReductionAmount(EntityEquipmentSlot armorType)
        {
            return this.damageReductionAmountArray[armorType.getIndex()];
        }

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

And if the int[] total reaches 25 you will be invincible(side note I don't know if that is true and I don't think it is because of the way armor reduction works), why would you want it to go that high Diamond Armor only goes to 20 and that is the max displayable amount of armor bars normally but you can customize Armor by implementing ISpecialArmor in your Armor Class.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

You become invincible at 25 points of armor, because each point of armor is an additive 4% damage reduction.  Do the math.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

You become invincible at 25 points of armor, because each point of armor is an additive 4% damage reduction.  Do the math.

Oh that is right it changed in 1.9 right, I just remembered back to when I started in 1.5.2 I made armor that would make you invincible until it broke unless you took major damage like from one of the custom swords.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.