[1.10.2] [UNSOLVED] Passable Block

Bektor

Hi,

I want to make a block through which entities can move, but for some reason it's not working like I expected it to be.

So I can move into the block, but the block immediately pushes me out again on the same side.

import java.util.List;
import java.util.Random;

import net.minecraft.block.SoundType;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.block.state.IBlockState;
import net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.SpawnPlacementType;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.util.BlockRenderLayer;
import net.minecraft.util.math.AxisAlignedBB;
import net.minecraft.util.math.BlockPos;
import net.minecraft.util.math.RayTraceResult;
import net.minecraft.world.Explosion;
import net.minecraft.world.IBlockAccess;
import net.minecraft.world.World;

public class BlockStructure extends Block {

public BlockStructure() {
	super(Material.BARRIER);

this.setBlockUnbreakable();
	this.setResistance(5000000.f);
	this.setSoundType(SoundType.STONE);
}

@Override
    public boolean isPassable(IBlockAccess worldIn, BlockPos pos) {
        return true;
    }

@Override
public BlockRenderLayer getBlockLayer() {
	return BlockRenderLayer.CUTOUT_MIPPED;
}

@Override
public boolean isFullBlock(IBlockState state) {
	return false;
}

/*@Override
public int getLightOpacity(IBlockState state, IBlockAccess world, BlockPos pos) {
	return 0;
}*/

@Override
    public AxisAlignedBB getCollisionBoundingBox(IBlockState blockState, World worldIn, BlockPos pos) {
        // return null, we don't want a collision detection for our leaves
        return NULL_AABB;
    }

/*@Override
public boolean isReplaceable(IBlockAccess worldIn, BlockPos pos) {
	return false;
}

@Override
public boolean isOpaqueCube(IBlockState state) {
	return false;
}

@Override
public boolean isVisuallyOpaque() {
	return false;
}

@Override
public boolean canSpawnInBlock() {
	return false;
}

@Override
public boolean requiresUpdates() {
	return false;
}

@Override
public boolean canDropFromExplosion(Explosion explosionIn) {
	return false;
}

@Override
public boolean canCreatureSpawn(IBlockState state, IBlockAccess world, BlockPos pos, SpawnPlacementType type) {
	return false;
}

@Override
public void onBlockDestroyedByExplosion(World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Explosion explosionIn) {
	worldIn.setBlockState(pos, this.getDefaultState());
}

@Override
public Item getItemDropped(IBlockState state, Random rand, int fortune) {
	return null;
}

@Override
public ItemStack getPickBlock(IBlockState state, RayTraceResult target, World world, BlockPos pos, EntityPlayer player) {
	return null;
}

@Override
public void addInformation(ItemStack stack, EntityPlayer player, List<String> tooltip, boolean advanced) {
	tooltip.add("This block will be replaced in structures.");

if(advanced)
		tooltip.add("Only available through command!");
}*/
}

Any ideas?

Thx in advance.

Bektor

Developer of Primeval Forest.

You need to override

addCollisionBoxToList

and do nothing in it.

Vanilla example: BlockEndPortal;

public void addCollisionBoxToList(IBlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, AxisAlignedBB entityBox, List<AxisAlignedBB> collidingBoxes, @Nullable Entity entityIn)
{
}

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

public class BlockStructure extends Block {

public BlockStructure() {
	super(Material.BARRIER);

this.setBlockUnbreakable();
	this.setResistance(5000000.f);
	this.setSoundType(SoundType.STONE);
}

@Override
public BlockRenderLayer getBlockLayer() {
	return BlockRenderLayer.CUTOUT_MIPPED;
}

/*@Override
public boolean isFullBlock(IBlockState state) {
	return false;
}*/

/*@Override
public int getLightOpacity(IBlockState state, IBlockAccess world, BlockPos pos) {
	return 0;
}*/

@Override
public void addCollisionBoxToList(IBlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, AxisAlignedBB entityBox, List<AxisAlignedBB> collidingBoxes, Entity entityIn) {
}

@Override
    public AxisAlignedBB getCollisionBoundingBox(IBlockState blockState, World worldIn, BlockPos pos) {
        // return null, we don't want a collision detection for our leaves
        return NULL_AABB;
    }

@Override
public boolean isOpaqueCube(IBlockState state) {
	return false;
}

@Override
public boolean isVisuallyOpaque() {
	return false;
}
}

It also seems to be that the auto-jump does not work for my block, but I still can't move through it.

Instead of isFullCube(IBlockState) you could try isFullBlock(IBlockState), isNormalBlock(IBlockState) or isNormalCube(IBlockState). One of those methods leads to the intended behaviour.

Hm, it seems to has something to do with the material. If I change the material to leaves it somehow works, but this is not what I want.

The barrier material seems not to let me move in, the leaves material throws shadows and the air material does not work with my custom blocks.

Hm, it seems to has something to do with the material. If I change the material to leaves it somehow works, but this is not what I want.

The barrier material seems not to let me move in, the leaves material throws shadows and the air material does not work with my custom blocks.

Create your own custom Material then one that will allow you and give you what you want.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Create your own custom Material then one that will allow you and give you what you want.

Just how to make a material which is solid, but you can move through it and it has something like air, that no shadows are thrown.

I have no idea how to create such a material, even after looking into the Material class.

Just how to make a material which is solid, but you can move through it and it has something like air, that no shadows are thrown.

I have no idea how to create such a material, even after looking into the Material class.

Sadly i do not have any code available at the moment (school) so i would keep messing around with it until some makes a suggestion.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

isFullBlock(IBlockState)

The default implementation of isFullBlock checks

this.blockMaterial.isPassable()

, so yes, that would have an effect.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.