MC 1.10+ Changing life, armor

winnetrie

While there are many mods there that adds various types of metals/ores i never found them ever usefull.

Especially because the armor has only 20 "units" and diamond armor gives you already the full armor.

So adding a metal that would be better than diamond would make you immune. So it doesn't make sense.

Adding metals that are lesser than diamond are pretty useless too, because you don't have much space between all 4 armor types armorvalue.

So the question is. Is it posseble to increase the max armor and max health?

This looks more like a gamedesign question i know, so if this thread isn't here at the right place, i'm sorry.

Actually...You can create armor that is "better than diamond" using the current 1.10 armor mechanics.

Diamond Armor has an "armor toughness" property (giving 2 points, all other armors lack this attribute and give 0 points).

Prior to 1.9, armor was a flat 4% reduction per point (half-icon in the UI).  With 1.9 it was changed so that as the damage you took went up, the percentage per point went down (to a minimum of 0.8% per point).  Armor toughness reduces that reduction math.

So yes, you could actually provide armor that has more toughness than diamond.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

when playing i don't feel something has changed.

I get an half heart damage sometimes when wearing a full diamond armor.

I can't see how a new armor can be better then diamond, yet not OP.

What are those points doing?

Does this means that other armors do not prevent damage?

Also a full diamond armor show 20 half armor icons on the UI. Can this also be increased?

Or even better can it be changed into something else.

For example a percentage bar or just a bar with numbers inside like : [  10000  Armor  ]

when playing i don't feel something has changed.

I get an half heart damage sometimes when wearing a full diamond armor.

I can't see how a new armor can be better then diamond, yet not OP.

Try taking a hit that is 20 damage.  Or 30.

What are those points doing?

Does this means that other armors do not prevent damage?

damageTaken = damageDealt * ( 1 - min( 20, max( defensePoints / 5, defensePoints - damageDealt / ( 2 + toughness / 4 ) ) ) / 25 )

"toughness" for all armors is 0, unless diamond, in which case 2.  "defensePoints" is the visible armor points.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.