[1.10.2] func_174903_ a gone

Allskill

Hi guys, I was wondering what the func_174903_ (1.8) a method is called in forge 1.10.2, or if it still exists? Thanks!

What did func_174903_ do where was it located what where the parameters?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

public static boolean func_174903_a(IInventory parIInventory)

{

return true ;

}

Its supposed to indicate whether or not the container is drawn. I'm also wondering what has happened to the interface "IUpdatePlayerListBox"

I'm following this tutorial if it helps (http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.co.nz/p/minecraft-modding-containers.html)

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

public static boolean func_174903_a(IInventory parIInventory)

{

return true ;

}

Its supposed to indicate whether or not the container is drawn. I'm also wondering what has happened to the interface "IUpdatePlayerListBox"

I'm following this tutorial if it helps (http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.co.nz/p/minecraft-modding-containers.html)

That is a few versions old I hope jablear can get time to update his tutorials as they are are big help, but IUpdatePlayerListBox does't exist anymore and that method doesn't either. IUpdatePlayerListBox might be known as ITickable now, and is used to add the update method to a TE.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Hi

Thank you so much! I was also wondering if theres any changelogs or something that says when a method/class was removed and what it was replaced with?

I generally find the fastest way is to find a place in the code where it was used before, then look in the same class for the new name.  It's nearly always very obvious from the code.

I don't think there's any changelog with that level of detail for vanilla, because the MCP mappings (the database that replace func_174903_a with a readable name) are updated automatically with each new revision.

If you do find one please let me know :)

-TGG

MCPBot can tell you the name history of a field/method.

Thanks, that's useful to know.  When did they change that? (added the ability to use previous version #, I mean)?

Still using ye olde IRC interface I see :)

-TGG

I have no idea when they changed it, I only found it earlier this year. It may have been in 2014 with the launch of MCPBot_Reborn.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.