[1.10.2] Piston Interaction

Selim_042

Is there any way to have custom piston interaction for a block?  In other words, is there a method that gets called when something is pushed (or going to be pushed), or an event, anything really?  This allowing for making a block immobile without making it a TE or a number of other things, redstone output, change of state, what have you.  I looked around in the vanilla code for a bit, it looks to me like everything in the vanilla game with custom interaction is handled in the piston code itself, which starts to ruin my hopes for such a thing to exist.

Block#getMobilityFlag

determines whether a

Block

can be pushed by a piston.

There have been various PRs for piston events in the past, but none have been merged yet. If you need these events, consider submitting a current PR.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

You may be able to do this with Block#eventReceived(...) otherwise the answer is you can only determine what type of piston interaction it has.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Block#getMobilityFlag

determines whether a

Block

can be pushed by a piston.

There have been various PRs for piston events in the past, but none have been merged yet. If you need these events, consider submitting a current PR.

Alright.  Working on it.

You may be able to do this with Block#eventReceived(...) otherwise the answer is you can only determine what type of piston interaction it has.

Nope.  That does not work.