[1.8.9] Custom Fire effect and hurt animation

blahblahbal2

Alright, so first things first: I'm still on 1.8.9 because I like that version the best <_<.

Anyway, I'm trying to make a Frostburn effect, exactly like that of fire, but deals more damage. I also want to add a new enchantment and allow it to apply this fire effect in the way Fire Aspect and Flame do for normal fire.

I was originally going with a potion effect, but I decided that isn't the way I want to go about it. If it'd be easier to do it with a potion, then I'll do it that way, but I'd also need a tutorial or some direction on how to add that as well.

Alright, so first things first: I'm still on 1.8.9 because I like that version the best <_<.

Anyway, I'm trying to make a Frostburn effect, exactly like that of fire, but deals more damage. I also want to add a new enchantment and allow it to apply this fire effect in the way Fire Aspect and Flame do for normal fire.

I was originally going with a potion effect, but I decided that isn't the way I want to go about it. If it'd be easier to do it with a potion, then I'll do it that way, but I'd also need a tutorial or some direction on how to add that as well.

You need to write a Capability that stores if the Entity has the effect on and for how long the affect should last. Then you need to apply the effect using an event (one that is fired when something is attacked LivingAttackEvent). And another event to deal the damage (LivingUpdateEvent). And then you would also need to add the Enchantment (not sure if the registry system for enchants existed back then just creating an instance should do).

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

You need to write a Capability that stores if the Entity has the effect on and for how long the affect should last. Then you need to apply the effect using an event (one that is fired when something is attacked LivingAttackEvent). And another event to deal the damage (LivingUpdateEvent). And then you would also need to add the Enchantment (not sure if the registry system for enchants existed back then just creating an instance should do).

I have no idea how to do that. And I won't even ask. I guess my best bet would be to use a potion or give up on the idea. Anyway, I'll try fiddling with my potion code and see if I can get it to work. If I can't, I'll post again here.