Minecraft Forge Server on Macintosh

PyroAVR

To whomever it may concern,

I've loaded up a fresh vanilla server on my Mac using 10.8.7, java SE6, and tried both methods of adding Forge to my server. I re-compressed the folder, and then made it a .jar file, and ran it, (The Forge download zip. Mac auto-decompresses files upon download) and it would not launch. I tried from the Terminal as well, executing

java -jar Forge.jar

but got

Invalid or corrupt jar file Forge.jar

I also added the files directly to the server jar with no luck. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to proceed?

Thank you in advance.

Ahhh, you need to use a proper archiver to repack the forge zip.

Geez, why do macs have to do everything wrongly???

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

Macs do not auto-extract zip files when you download them, you're doing something wrong. Either way this isn;t a issue on our end, download the file properly/use a proper archive tool and it'll work.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Ok, Thank you uyjulian. I did so and got it to work. I guess I didn't remember my old days of having to do that with Optifine.

LexManos, Macs do unzip files upon download if you are using Safari, which is likely true for many Mac users.

Thank you again.