[1.11.2] EntityThrowable only Renders Partly?

HalestormXV

Alright so I have a custom entity created that is meant to be a "bullet" for an item. The item on right click will shoot the bullet. I have been unable to find anything relating to how to render ThrowableEntites correctly so I pieced this together with various sources. There are two problems. One is when you right click the item it does indeed "shoot" the enttiy however it also blows up the log with this error:

[19:08:07] [Client thread/ERROR]: ########## GL ERROR ##########
[19:08:07] [Client thread/ERROR]: @ Post render
[19:08:07] [Client thread/ERROR]: 1283: Stack overflow
[19:08:07] [Client thread/ERROR]: ########## GL ERROR ##########
[19:08:07] [Client thread/ERROR]: @ Post render
[19:08:07] [Client thread/ERROR]: 1283: Stack overflow

Edited by HalestormXV

Ah, yes, I see the problem.

On line 109 in your Render class you perform an illegal action. You should do this:

Post your damn code

• Like 2

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

16 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

Ah, yes, I see the problem.

On line 109 in your Render class you perform an illegal action. You should do this:

Reveal hidden contents

Post your damn code

Wow lmfao epic response for epic fail. I didn't even realize the whole post after the code box got cut off. My fault for nto double checking the thread. Got to comfortable with the "bling" nosie the site makes. Lol sorry.

Here is the render class. Relatively simply or at least all teh examples I looked at seem to do rendering items this same way.

Render: https://pastebin.com/QFx9pPEv

Edited by HalestormXV

1 hour ago, HalestormXV said:

Wow lmfao epic response for epic fail. I didn't even realize the whole post after the code box got cut off. My fault for nto double checking the thread. Got to comfortable with the "bling" nosie the site makes. Lol sorry.

A lot of people post "I have problem" and don't post code or error and expect us to help merely by recognizing a vague description of the problem.

So I end up writing a lot of witty retorts.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

2 hours ago, Silly511 said:

You need to put GlStateManager.popMatrix() at the end of your render method.

Excellent that resolved it. Didn't realize i missed that. Now perhaps the next issue can be looked at? Rather than make a whole new thread for it? The entity does not fire outward. Its simply looks as if it falls at the feet of the player. Now I am sure that perhaps i am not setting my velocity correctly, or maybe it has to do with throwableHeading, I am not sure. But I know I missing something. In doing some searching on the forums it is actually quite simialr of an issue to this post 

Spoiler

However mine seems to be worse and almost never seems to show the render unless I am looking straight down. Here is the entity class. It is very very basic right now and basically does nothing except exist, simply because I just want to get it to work first before I start adding to it.

EntityClass: https://pastebin.com/AF8sZVuy

1 hour ago, Draco18s said:

A lot of people post "I have problem" and don't post code or error and expect us to help merely by recognizing a vague description of the problem.

So I end up writing a lot of witty retorts.

Yes I know that quite well.

29 minutes ago, HalestormXV said:

However mine seems to be worse and almost never seems to show the render unless I am looking straight down. Here is the entity class. It is very very basic right now and basically does nothing except exist, simply because I just want to get it to work first before I start adding to it.

In the code you provided you never actually set the velocity in anyway. Do you ever set the velocity?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

19 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

In the code you provided you never actually set the velocity in anyway. Do you ever set the velocity?

Yes i have tried that also by taking the setVelocity function and setting the motion X, Y and Z to add 4. Perhaps that is not the correct way to do it?

https://pastebin.com/efwUVtkS

Maybe it is not supposed to be done that way? 

Edited by HalestormXV

5 minutes ago, HalestormXV said:

Yes i have tried that also by taking the setVelocity function and setting the motion X, Y and Z to add 4. Perhaps that is not the correct way to do it?

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public void setVelocity(double x, double y, double z)
{
    this.motionX = x + 4;
    this.motionY = y + 4;
    this.motionZ = z + 4;

}

Maybe it is not supposed to be done that way? 

Where do you call this method?

Edit: This method should only be called to update the variables when they have been changed on the server. Do you call EntityThrowable#setHeadingFromThrower or EntityThrowable#setThrowableHeading?

Edited by Animefan8888

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

14 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Where do you call this method?

I tried in two places. (separate runs of course) Once in here

public EntityCelestialBolt(World world, EntityLivingBase entity)

{

super(world, entity);

this.setVelocity(2, motionY, motionZ);  

}

And the other one above that you quoted (for just testing numbers) in the onUpdate.

Problem is, the item still doesn't render fully and you can't tell if it is actually moving or not since you can't see it. The same as above applies though. If you are at the right angle you can see it for a second, but not enough to tell if it is doing anything or not.

Edited by HalestormXV

Gotta bump this unfortuantly. Alright so I fixed it, the entity now travels at the speed it should, it does the damage it should if it hits an entity. If it hits a non-living entity it exploads. Perfect. However, here is the last problem. It does not render the projectile unless you are looking down. It "shoots" but does not render. I don't even know where this issue might reside. 

Here is the updated EntityClass: https://pastebin.com/yypQkJ4S

Here is the updated RenderClas: https://pastebin.com/HeR2eTuN

Just for Giggles here is the JSON for the item that is supposed to render if that has anything to do with it: https://pastebin.com/reTEi3Sk

EDIT 2: Here is an example to illustrate the issue. As you can see the item is rendered only when flying around and looking at it form other angles and stuff. Otherwise it doesnt appear to render. And the trails that follow the projectile are just there for testing so i can see that it is actually moving. They will be removed once I can figure out this render issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4k0eibj8zetmnot/Example.mp4?dl=0

Edited by HalestormXV

15 minutes ago, HalestormXV said:

Bump, if anyone might know how to fix this? Here is the link to the example again. And the classes haven't changed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4k0eibj8zetmnot/Example.mp4?dl=0

Change (in your render class)

GlStateManager.enableColorMaterial();
        super.doRender(entity, x, y, z, entityYaw, partialTicks);
        GlStateManager.popMatrix();

to (from RenderSnowball)

GlStateManager.disableRescaleNormal();
        GlStateManager.popMatrix();
        super.doRender(entity, x, y, z, entityYaw, partialTicks);

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Change (in your render class)

to (from RenderSnowball)

Changed them and still the exact same result. Only renders like in the video clip above. Talk about icnredibly frustrating. 

Edited by HalestormXV