Installer Deletes Itself

balthazor

the installer downloads normally and sit in the downloads folder until i run it. when i run it no dialog opens but the entire exe file just vanishes. it removes itself from my downloads entirely. my minecraft suddenly stopped working one day. we use 1.10.2 and it works fine. i logged off one day and the next day when i tried to start it up it crashed without me tampering with it. i just tried taking all the mods out and running just the forge 1.10.2 version i had and the game still crashed. but vanilla 1.10.2 works so my logical conclusion is to reinstall forge. problem is when it downloaded and i ran it this happened. running as an admin made no difference and i tried downloading from multiple browsers to make sure that wasn't an issue. i have malware-bytes but it didn't quarantine or remove anything so i'm confused. it also didn't generate a crash report.

The installer will not just delete itself.

You need to be a bit more specific, specify the exact installer you're downloading.

The exact URL you're getting it from.

Sounds like you're not on our real downloads page: http://files.minecraftforge.net/

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

just tested it and 1.12.2 forge crashes for me as well. im not sure why. i used the launcher to install and i change the version to forge 1.xx.x, press play, and after half a second it just comes back "minecraft has crashed" but all non-forge versions work fine.

ForgeCrash 1.10.2.txt

2018-03-20-7.log.gz

Edited by balthazor

i actually just read the log and found out what was causing the issue. i had a extracted mod in my mods folder. it didn't occur to me that forge would recognize it as a mod considering i renamed it. i wasn't trying to run the extracted mod, i was using its textures and models as assets to creating custom models in a resource pack which is why i renamed it. putting the extracted renamed folder into another folder seemed to fix the issue.