[1.12.2] Generation/spawning after using item/killing mob(boss).

Termont

Is it possible, to generate ores, structures, spawn mobs when you use item, kill boss?
For example(Terraria): When you destroy a demon altar, your world has been blessed with some ore.
When you kill 3 mechanical boss, chlorophyte start to generate in Jungle. After killing Wall of Flesh, some mobs start to spawn.
Is it possible to make something like this in Minecraft?

27 minutes ago, Termont said:

generate ores

Yes, but you would have to handle that generation yourself as if a chunk is already generated it won't generate again.

28 minutes ago, Termont said:

spawn mobs

Yes, using a method in the EntityLiving class called canSpawnHere you can return false if there is anything that would prevent the entity from spawning. As for Items look at the spawn eggs they spawn entities.

32 minutes ago, Termont said:

structures

Why not just generate them anyways? It would suck to have built this awesome house underground kill a boss that spawns a structure and then go back to my beautiful house that has just been built over with a dungeon.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

1 hour ago, Animefan8888 said:
2 hours ago, Termont said:

structures

Why not just generate them anyways? It would suck to have built this awesome house underground kill a boss that spawns a structure and then go back to my beautiful house that has just been built over with a dungeon.

Cough, the end portal in the end after you kill the dragon?

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

1 minute ago, Draco18s said:

Cough, the end portal in the end after you kill the dragon?

5x1x5 space, I assume he is making a Terraria mod since he used it as an example. This would mean decently sized generations. Also the likely hood of you building anything in the end when the Ender Dragon is not that large.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

My point was that there are already effects in the game.

Sure, that one's small, but it still exists, so there's no reason why you couldn't do more.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

7 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

My point was that there are already effects in the game.

Sure, that one's small, but it still exists, so there's no reason why you couldn't do more.

Yes of course you could do this, but my point was that they shouldn't because it could cause problems.