MairwunNx

Just now, diesieben07 said:

Show what you tried.

package com.mairwunnx.mnxemeralds.blocks;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.BlockWall;

public class emeraldwall extends BlockWall
{
    public emeraldwall(String name, float resistance, float hardness, Block modelBlock)
    {
        super(modelBlock);
        setUnlocalizedName(name);
        setRegistryName(name);
        setResistance(resistance);
        setHardness(hardness);
        this.useNeighborBrightness = true;
        setLightLevel(20.0F);
    }
}

it's Emerald Wall class.

But, i don't know as call emeraldwall method.

public static Block KEY4 = new emeraldwall("emerald_wall", 13.5F, 20.0F, ??? ).setCreativeTab(defaultModTab);

? ? ? - I do not know what argument to put, i try other blocks, e.g KEY1 (is emerald_hardness_block), But then in the tab with the mod, I have two blocks.

15 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:
  • Problematic code, issue 10 and 14.
  • modelBlock tells BlockWall it's properties (like hardness, resistance, etc.), that's all.
  • Show more of your code.

yes, but what put to modelBlock? BlockWall not work, and other blocks not work. 

in BlockWall class i find it:image.png.77cf6bf1af75b65139d340247d0c9d98.png

But, what is it blockMaterial? It's don't work.

More code:

emeraldwall class:

package com.mairwunnx.mnxemeralds.blocks;

public class emeraldwall extends BlockWall
{
    public emeraldwall(String name, float resistance, float hardness, Block modelBlock)
    {
        super(modelBlock);
        setUnlocalizedName(name);
        setRegistryName(name);
        setResistance(resistance);
        setHardness(hardness);
        this.useNeighborBrightness = true;
        setLightLevel(20.0F);
    }
}

blockregister class:

package com.mairwunnx.mnxemeralds.registers;

import com.mairwunnx.mnxemeralds.blocks.*;
import net.minecraft.block.BlockStairs;
import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.block.model.ModelResourceLocation;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.ForgeRegistries;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.Side;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;

import static com.mairwunnx.mnxemeralds.mnxemeralds.defaultModTab;

public class blockregister
{
    public static Block KEY = new emeraldhardblock("emerald_hard_block").setCreativeTab(defaultModTab);
    public static Block KEY1 = new emeraldfence("emerald_fence", 13.5F, 20.0F).setCreativeTab(defaultModTab);
    public static Block KEY2 = new emeraldhalfslab("emerald_slab", 13.5F, 20.0F).setCreativeTab(defaultModTab);
    public static Block KEY3 = new emeraldstairs("emerald_stairs", 13.5F, 20.0F, KEY.getDefaultState()).setCreativeTab(defaultModTab);
    public static Block KEY4 = new emeraldwall("emerald_wall", 13.5F, 20.0F, ???).setCreativeTab(defaultModTab);

public static void register()
    {
        setRegister(KEY);
        setRegister(KEY1);
        setRegister(KEY2);
        setRegister(KEY3);
        setRegister(KEY4);
    }

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public static void registerRender()
    {
        setRender(KEY);
        setRender(KEY1);
        setRender(KEY2);
        setRender(KEY3);
        setRender(KEY4);
    }

private static void setRegister(Block block)
    {
        ForgeRegistries.BLOCKS.register(block);
        ForgeRegistries.ITEMS.register(new ItemBlock(block).setRegistryName(block.getRegistryName()));
    }

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    private static void setRender(Block block)
    {
        Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().register(Item.getItemFromBlock(block), 0, new ModelResourceLocation(block.getRegistryName(), "inventory"));
    }
}

1 minute ago, diesieben07 said:

I have no idea what your question is.

Sorry, i use google translate. Then how do I make a wall with what I have?

It is fully working and visible, but I interfere with the extra block.

I also try replace code: 

public void getSubBlocks(CreativeTabs itemIn, NonNullList<ItemStack> items)
    {
        for (BlockWall.EnumType blockwall$enumtype : BlockWall.EnumType.values())
        {
            items.add(new ItemStack(this, 1, blockwall$enumtype.getMetadata()));
        }
    }

on:

public void getSubBlocks(CreativeTabs itemIn, NonNullList<ItemStack> items)
    {
        for (BlockWall.EnumType blockwall$enumtype : BlockWall.EnumType.values())
        {
            items.add(new ItemStack(this, 0, blockwall$enumtype.getMetadata()));
        }
    }

But it remove all my wall blocks of tab. But walls available on game with help recipes or command give.

38 minutes ago, MairwunNx said:

items.add(new ItemStack(this, 0, blockwall$enumtype.getMetadata()));

You told the game that your subblocks are stack size 0 (and thus, air). I don't think that's what you wanted.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

You shouldn't have even needed to try.

For on, the method parameters are well labled and for two, the third parameter already being passed has a getMetadata() call. GOSH I WONDER WHAT THAT IS FOR.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

3 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

For on, the method parameters are well labled and for two, the third parameter already being passed has a getMetadata() call. GOSH I WONDER WHAT THAT IS FOR.

Ok, sorry i don't understand it's ?

For on, the method parameters are well labled and for two, the third parameter already being passed has a getMetadata() call.

11 hours ago, MairwunNx said:

I need help please :( 

Do you know what metadata is? I assume that google translate is mangling it so.

Metadata = https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Java_Edition_data_values

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Just now, Cadiboo said:

Do you know what metadata is? I assume that google translate is mangling it so.

Metadata = https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Java_Edition_data_values

setMetadata(<value>) sets the data

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

2 minutes ago, MairwunNx said:

How it use? please

17 hours ago, Draco18s said:

About Me

Spoiler

Just now, MairwunNx said:

I try call getMetadata() and return null or 0 or 1, it's not work or i stupid? 

did you read the article and/or anything you were told? As a general rule, if your item doesn't have subtypes its metadata is 0. Not 1 and definitely not null (Are integers even allowed to be null?)

About Me

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

did you read the article and/or anything you were told? As a general rule, if your item doesn't have subtypes its metadata is 0. Not 1 and definitely not null (Are integers even allowed to be null?)

I feel a little stupid. :), If it doesn't have subtypes and I return 0, then I shouldn't have the second block?

image.png.5d372567fb34d1e0cb4d4e35fd355712.png

1 hour ago, MairwunNx said:

I feel a little stupid. :), If it doesn't have subtypes and I return 0, then I shouldn't have the second block?

image.png.5d372567fb34d1e0cb4d4e35fd355712.png

this code has me screaming for at least 7 reasons

1) naming conventions

2) someone said not to extend block wall

3) I assume resistance doesn't change? and that your not creating multiple instances of the block? then hardcode it

4) same as resistance but for hardness

5) why is unlocalised name before registry name,

6) not that it matters, they should be in a different class (your base mod block class)

7) why are you calling getMetadata?

8) why are you overriding getMetadata?

9) assuming getMetadata actually did something useful, why aren't you doing anything with the returned value?

10) wheres your @Override annotation? its important

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler