Can't create the item (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError)

xlysander12

Hey, so I'm really new to modding and I'm starting learning how forge developing works, but I have a problem I can't solve. I will send links of the entire error and the classes that it mention and I hope someone can help me.

Error: https://hastebin.com/xojufapozu.rb

ItemBase: https://hastebin.com/yatuvizuno.java

ModItems: https://hastebin.com/qavoruzofi.java

RegistryHandler: https://hastebin.com/olezakevuv.java

Not sure what's going on there.

But.

IHasModel is stupid. ALL items need models and the information required to register one is all public.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

20 minutes ago, xlysander12 said:

I'm following a tutorial in youtube just to learn the basics and the guy I'm watching created that IHasModel...

Welcome to Cargo Cult programming.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

38 minutes ago, xlysander12 said:

I'm following a tutorial in youtube just to learn the basics and the guy I'm watching created that IHasModel...

Do you have any youtubers or anything like that where I can learn better? (The basics)

I assume the tutorial also had you make an ArrayList of Items just iterate through that list in the ModelRegistryEvent and call ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation with the proper parameters. Just like you would in the Item class.

1 hour ago, xlysander12 said:

Hey, so I'm really new to modding and I'm starting learning how forge developing works, but I have a problem I can't solve. I will send links of the entire error and the classes that it mention and I hope someone can help me.

It looks like you compiled the mod, you can't compile the mod using eclipse, you have to use the gradle file to build your mod.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

3 minutes ago, xlysander12 said:

So what's the command to compile the mod with the gradle?

gradlew build I believe.

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

3 minutes ago, xlysander12 said:

So what's the command to compile the mod with the gradle?

gradlew build I believe.

Just now, xlysander12 said:

uhh, you repeated the same massage 3 tomes in a row '-'

Not on my screen ?

4 minutes ago, xlysander12 said:

Yeah, I've done that, but no jar file appeared. Neither in the main folder neither in the build folder '-'

I didn't see this message. Could you post a picture of your folder?