[1.12.2] Could not determine owning mod for EventBusSubscriber

CNKManga

7 minutes ago, CNKManga said:

My one item won't load into the test environment for some reason, my log is attached to the post, please help.

the error i'm concerned about is from lines 99-115, is there a fix for that?

Log.txt

Post your code.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Well first of all your mcmod.info is broken

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated array at line 17 column 5 path $[0].dependencies[1]

Next, your obj models are broken

OBJModel.Parser: found a face ('f') with more than 4 vertices, only the first 4 of these vertices will be rendered!

faces in .obj models must have either 3 or 4 vertices per face, not more. You have more.

public static final Item DICE_INGOT = new ItemBase("dice_ingot");

Don't ever use static initializers. Instantinate your stuff directly in the appropriate registry event. Also ItemBase is an antipattern, there is already an ItemBase, it's called Item.

IHasModel

IHasModel is stupid. All items need models, no exception and nothing about model registration needs access to private/protected data from the Item. Register your models in the ModelRegistryEvent directly.

CommonProxy

CommonProxy makes no sense. Proxies exist to separate sided-only code. If your code is common then it goes into your main mod file or anywhere else but the proxy.

public static final String SERVER_PROXY = "xyz.echoheart.rfdice.proxy.CommonProxy";

This makes even less sense. A CommonProxy can't be your server proxy. Server proxy either provides methods that will crash the client when invoked or noop implementation for client-only methods. If a Commonproxy were to do that it would crash the client.

As for the issue - look at the javadocs of @EventBusSubscriber

Optional value, only nessasary if tis annotation is not on the same class that has a @Mod annotation.

You need to provide the modid property value to your annotation.

Also don't upload your code like that. Use github or something similar.

Oh, also that is not how you use an API. Don't ever distribute any api in your mod but your own. Use the API as a library with your IDE or gradle.

Edited by V0idWa1k3r

Modding with Minecraft Forge is pretty simple, but it has quite a few conventions & pre-requisites that are unique to it and are actually pretty important and vital to having your mod work properly. You might want to take a look at https://github.com/Cadiboo/Example-Mod. It’s a bare-bones mod setup to allow you to play around and learn the basics of Forge Modding in (in the correct way, using the right conventions etc.).

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

I have yet to see a decent YouTube tutorial

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)