Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Detect when a hopper extracts an item from any container.


Recommended Posts

Is there a way to detect when a hopper extracts and item from any container? I'm trying to make a block that "bottles" the experience that would normally be dropped when a hopper extracts an item from a furnace. I have the item mostly functional, but I can't find a reliable way to detect when a hopper takes an item out of a furnace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, darty11 said:

I have the item mostly functional, but I can't find a reliable way to detect when a hopper takes an item out of a furnace.

You will have to use the WorldTickEvent and iterate through all of the loaded tile entities and have a cache of the ItemStacks in stored elsewhere and compare them every tick.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

You will have to use the WorldTickEvent and iterate through all of the loaded tile entities and have a cache of the ItemStacks in stored elsewhere and compare them every tick.

Ok, I was hoping to avoid that, but if its the only way I'll give it a shot. Don't like the idea of looping through the entire world's tile entity set every tick though. I might just can the idea and try to re-purpose the block.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, darty11 said:

Ok, I was hoping to avoid that, but if its the only way I'll give it a shot. Don't like the idea of looping through the entire world's tile entity set every tick though. I might just can the idea and try to re-purpose the block.

Actually there is one other thing you could do. You could override the HOPPER block and therefore the HOPPER TileEntity, or just the TileEntity.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

Actually there is one other thing you could do. You could override the HOPPER block and therefore the HOPPER TileEntity, or just the TileEntity.

Hmm, that's possible, but I would worry about the stability issues involved with overriding vanilla stuff. I might just make my own hopper that works with my other block though, not ideal but probably the most efficient and stable solution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoppers have so many private methods that overriding isn't feasible. 

Your best bet is to just scan a limited area in the nearby area for exp entities. 

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

 

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

 

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.