Problem with any forge intended to replace modloader.

balu88

I've tried to install a mod, which requires Forge 3.3.8.148 or later. So I tried to update my forge.

It did not work.

So I reinstalled my minecraft and tried to install only the forge client 3.3.8.152 (the first recommended version after 3.3.8.148), but when I started the game it froze by a screen showing "Updating minecraft, done loading". Then, when I tried to launch the game with MCPatcher's Test Minecraft button, it worked.

So I tried it with some mods:

I tried it with OptiFine HD S C3, it worked.

I tried it with Computercraft (with and without optifine), but it crashed.

I tried it with Portal Gun v2 (with and without optifine), but it crashed.

And it gave me this error messages.

I think the problem is with newer forge, because these two mods worked with a few earlier forge versions, with every version which used risugami's modloader.

Sorry for the bad English, I'm from Hungary.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 4a86a91e --------

Generated 2012.07.08. 1:53

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5

Java: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation

VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: Intel 945GM version 1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.4926, Intel

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mods/ComputerCraft/mod_ComputerCraft (wrong name: mod_ComputerCraft)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:436)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:592)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onPreLoad(FMLClientHandler.java:193)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:383)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:735)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mods/ComputerCraft/mod_ComputerCraft (wrong name: mod_ComputerCraft)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:527)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptDirLoad(Loader.java:474)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptDirLoad(Loader.java:463)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptDirLoad(Loader.java:463)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:385)

... 5 more

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mods/ComputerCraft/mod_ComputerCraft (wrong name: mod_ComputerCraft)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:494)

... 9 more

--- END ERROR REPORT b8daa9b4 ----------

You're using MCPatcher. Don't. For some reason, it fubars FML's mod loading so that it thinks every folder in the .minecraft folder is actually in the jar. This is no problem for zip/jar mods, as they'll get handled later and not loaded as a .class file, but for ComputerCraft which is a folder mod, it will try and load it at the wrong time.

Ah, ya thats cuz you're doing something really stupid and putting everything into the jar.

Thats what MCPatcher does...

Don't use MCPatcher use the plethora of other tools out there that install things properly, or install things yourself.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

W W W Wait a second! I did install the computercraft properly, like I mentioned, it worked with older versions of forge. I did put the extracted computercraft folder in the mods folder, like the descriptions of computercraft ordered me.

As for Forge, the freeze on the update screen usually means you've forgotten to delete the META-INF folder within the minecraft.jar after installing it.

As for the other mods...

• Optifine: goes into the minecraft.jar
  • PortalGun: all of the mod files are contained inside of a folder within the .zip you downloaded of it. That means you need to create a new .zip file in the *.minecraft/mods directory, and drag the contents of said folder into it.
  • ComputerCraft: same steps as PortalGun.

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

You installed computercraft in some place

that makes FML think it is in the mods.computercraft package.

Zip your .minecraft folder and send it to me.

Don't feel like arguing over things that can be proven fairly quickely.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • I have a tool that harvests multiple crops at once, that either replants or harvests the crops depending on an enchant on the tool. The harvesting and loot dropping works fine, but when it comes to updating what block is rendering, only the clicked block is updated properly, while the others drop the loot but appear to say as the fully grown crop, until right clicked again. The normal path for the tool is to just break the crop, as if the player harvested the crop. The other path is to reset the growth of the crop and drop the crop's loot, minus one seed. I have already tried all combinations of method parameters for setBlock() and destroyBlock(), and the updateing of the crop blocks still does not happen.  The code thus far: public class ScytheItem extends HoeItem { public ScytheItem(Tier tier, int atkBase, float atkSpeed) { super(tier, atkBase, atkSpeed, new Item.Properties().stacksTo(1)); } @Override public @NotNull InteractionResult useOn(@NotNull UseOnContext context) { Level level = context.getLevel(); Player player = context.getPlayer(); InteractionHand hand = context.getHand(); ItemStack stack = context.getItemInHand(); if (!level.isClientSide() && player != null) { BlockPos pos = context.getClickedPos(); Block block = level.getBlockState(pos).getBlock(); if(block instanceof CropBlock) { level.playSound(null, pos, block.getSoundType(level.getBlockState(pos), level, pos, player).getBreakSound(), SoundSource.BLOCKS, 1.0F, AOTMain.RANDOM.nextFloat()); Map<Enchantment, Integer> enchantments = stack.getAllEnchantments(); int harvestSize = 1 + enchantments.getOrDefault(EnchantmentInit.HARVESTING_SIZE.get(), 0); for (int xOff = -harvestSize; xOff <= harvestSize; xOff++) { for (int zOff = -harvestSize; zOff <= harvestSize; zOff++) { BlockPos newPos = pos.offset(xOff, 0, zOff); Block blockAt = level.getBlockState(newPos).getBlock(); if (blockAt instanceof CropBlock crop) { if (crop.isMaxAge(level.getBlockState(newPos))) { if (enchantments.containsKey(EnchantmentInit.AUTO_PLANTER.get())) { dropLoot(level, newPos, level.getBlockState(newPos), block); level.setBlock(newPos, crop.getStateForAge(0), Block.UPDATE_CLIENTS); // the broken bit } else level.destroyBlock(newPos, true); // the broken bit } } } } stack.hurtAndBreak(1, player, (p) -> p.broadcastBreakEvent(hand)); } } return super.useOn(context); } private void dropLoot(@NotNull Level level, @NotNull BlockPos pos, @NotNull BlockState state, @NotNull Block block) { List<ItemStack> drops = getDrops(level, pos, state); findSeeds(block, drops).ifPresent(seed -> seed.shrink(1)); drops.forEach((drop) -> Block.popResource(level, pos, drop)); } private List<ItemStack> getDrops(@NotNull Level level, @NotNull BlockPos pos, @NotNull BlockState state) { return Block.getDrops(state, (ServerLevel) level, pos, null); } private Optional<ItemStack> findSeeds(@NotNull Block block, final Collection<ItemStack> stacks) { Item seedsItem = block.asItem(); return stacks.stream().filter((stack) -> stack.getItem() == seedsItem).findAny(); } }  
    • Hello!  After I build e my mod in .jar, then when starting minecraft, it gives me an error that the dependency was not found. In the minecraft log the following is written:   java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/json/simple/parser/JSONParser at com.example.examplemod.JsonUtil.getConfig(JsonUtil.java:14) In build.gradle I have next dependencies: dependencies { minecraft "net.minecraftforge:forge:${minecraft_version}-${forge_version}" implementation 'com.googlecode.json-simple:json-simple:1.1.1' } But if I run minecraft from IDE (using the runClient), then these dependencies are installed, and my mod is work. Please, help me with this problem. UPD: Full build.gradle file   plugins { id 'eclipse' id 'idea' id 'maven-publish' id 'net.minecraftforge.gradle' version '[6.0,6.2)' } version = mod_version group = mod_group_id base { archivesName = mod_id } // Mojang ships Java 17 to end users in 1.18+, so your mod should target Java 17. java.toolchain.languageVersion = JavaLanguageVersion.of(8) println "Java: ${System.getProperty 'java.version'}, JVM: ${System.getProperty 'java.vm.version'} (${System.getProperty 'java.vendor'}), Arch: ${System.getProperty 'os.arch'}" minecraft { mappings channel: mapping_channel, version: mapping_version copyIdeResources = true runs { // applies to all the run configs below configureEach { workingDirectory project.file('run') property 'forge.logging.markers', 'REGISTRIES' property 'forge.logging.console.level', 'debug' mods { "${mod_id}" { source sourceSets.main } } } client { // this block needs to be here for runClient to exist } server { args '--nogui' } data { // example of overriding the workingDirectory set in configureEach above workingDirectory project.file('run-data') // Specify the modid for data generation, where to output the resulting resource, and where to look for existing resources. args '--mod', mod_id, '--all', '--output', file('src/generated/resources/'), '--existing', file('src/main/resources/') } } } // Include resources generated by data generators. sourceSets.main.resources { srcDir 'src/generated/resources' } repositories { } dependencies { minecraft "net.minecraftforge:forge:${minecraft_version}-${forge_version}" implementation 'com.googlecode.json-simple:json-simple:1.1.1' } tasks.named('processResources', ProcessResources).configure { var replaceProperties = [ minecraft_version: minecraft_version, minecraft_version_range: minecraft_version_range, forge_version: forge_version, forge_version_range: forge_version_range, loader_version_range: loader_version_range, mod_id: mod_id, mod_name: mod_name, mod_license: mod_license, mod_version: mod_version, mod_authors: mod_authors, mod_description: mod_description, ] inputs.properties replaceProperties filesMatching(['META-INF/mods.toml', 'pack.mcmeta']) { expand replaceProperties + [project: project] } } tasks.named('jar', Jar).configure { manifest { attributes([ 'Specification-Title' : mod_id, 'Specification-Vendor' : mod_authors, 'Specification-Version' : '1', // We are version 1 of ourselves 'Implementation-Title' : project.name, 'Implementation-Version' : project.jar.archiveVersion, 'Implementation-Vendor' : mod_authors, 'Implementation-Timestamp': new Date().format("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ssZ") ]) } finalizedBy 'reobfJar' } //tasks.named('publish').configure { // dependsOn 'reobfJar' //} publishing { publications { register('mavenJava', MavenPublication) { artifact jar } } repositories { maven { url "file://${project.projectDir}/mcmodsrepo" } } } tasks.withType(JavaCompile).configureEach { options.encoding = 'UTF-8' // Use the UTF-8 charset for Java compilation }  
    • I want to render shapes through blocks. I found this code in minecraft source  public static void renderShape(PoseStack poseStack, VertexConsumer vertexConsumer, VoxelShape shape, double minX, double minY, double minZ, float red, float green, float blue, float alpha) { PoseStack.Pose pose = poseStack.last(); shape.forAllEdges((x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2) -> { float dx = (float)(x2 - x1); float dy = (float)(y2 - y1); float dz = (float)(z2 - z1); float length = Mth.sqrt(dx * dx + dy * dy + dz * dz); dx /= length; dy /= length; dz /= length; vertexConsumer.vertex(pose.pose(), (float)(x1 + minX), (float)(y1 + minY), (float)(z1 + minZ)).color(red, green, blue, alpha).normal(pose.normal(), dx, dy, dz).endVertex(); vertexConsumer.vertex(pose.pose(), (float)(x2 + minX), (float)(y2 + minY), (float)(z2 + minZ)).color(red, green, blue, alpha).normal(pose.normal(), dx, dy, dz).endVertex(); }); } that draws a rectangle around the block, but it is not visible through other blocks. Could someone point me in the right direction on how one renders things through blocks? Thanks in advance 🙏
    • I wish I could replace optifine, when i remove optifine and put on Embeddium, the game crashes too with exit code 1, or could that also be a forge version problem?   edit: rubidium getsauto downloaded with embeddium and oculus, removing rubidium solved it, thanks
    • Looks like an issue with Optifine - to get Optifine to work, you will need Forge 43.2.14 You can downgrade Forge (which may break other mods) or replace Optifine With Embeddium + Oculus
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.