[1.15.2] Update Lighting in nearby chunks.

DcZipPL

How are you making your blocks emit light values that travel further than normal?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

So when you break all of them, why isn’t lighting updating? I would do some debugging comparing what happens when you break a torch to what happens when you remove your light emitting air blocks.

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

So it’s a vanilla bug?

If vanilla doesn’t re-render nearby chunks you can do it yourself. I do it in my mod NoCubes to update every block in a 4x4 radius rather than vanilla’s 3x3 but I don’t recommend it.

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

6 hours ago, DcZipPL said:

What I can do to remove that bug in my "air like" blocks?

You don't. It isn't a bug "in your blocks" its a bug in how vanilla handles lighting updates.

8 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

If vanilla doesn’t re-render nearby chunks you can do it yourself. I do it in my mod NoCubes to update every block in a 4x4 radius rather than vanilla’s 3x3 but I don’t recommend it.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

On 1/31/2020 at 7:00 PM, Cadiboo said:

I don’t recommend it.

In 1.12.2 it was very easy with RenderGlobal’s event listeners. However it now requires a coremod to modify the logic OR I think that when your block updates you can invoke a block update (World#notifyBlockUpdate) on blocks in early chunks form inside your own block’s onBreak code or something to fix this. As I said though, this is a vanilla bug and I would recommend against trying to fix it as there is a decent chance that you will cause a stack over flow from recursively updated chunks if two neighbouring chunks both contain your light.

That being said, if I was doing this I would make a coremod that hooked into the markRangeForRenderUpdate method and extend it (or also update blocks at the pos offset in each direction) by oldState#lightValue.

It might also be good to see if this bug occurs when placing new lights & if not investigate why the behaviour is different.

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

• 1 year later...

I'm also getting these weird lighting issues, including indoor areas that should be totally dark but have light coming through from nowhere.

Isn't there a command or something to reset lighting? I can't imagine this existing as such an obvious issue. There must be a fix.

On the latest 1.16.5 Forge.

Edited by MCForgeFanatic

• Guest locked this topic