[1.15.2] I found an error but I can't localize it

TheDeadlyWaffle

Good evening, I just added a new Block to my mod when suddenly an error occured while reloading data packs. It seems that spiritcraft:soul_stone_wall makes the error occur but I can't localize the error.

[m[1;31m[02:00:22] [Server thread/ERROR] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Failed to reload data packs
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocationException: Non [a-z0-9/._-] character in path of location: spiritcraft:soul_stone_wall 
	at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_221] {}
	at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_221] {}
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.loadDataPacks(MinecraftServer.java:1580) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.loadDataPacks(MinecraftServer.java:455) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
	at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.loadAllWorlds(IntegratedServer.java:77) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
	at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.init(IntegratedServer.java:99) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A}
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:636) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_221] {}
Caused by: net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocationException: Non [a-z0-9/._-] character in path of location: spiritcraft:soul_stone_wall 
	at net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation.<init>(ResourceLocation.java:30) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation.<init>(ResourceLocation.java:35) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraft.item.crafting.SingleItemRecipe$Serializer.read(SingleItemRecipe.java:94) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraft.item.crafting.SingleItemRecipe$Serializer.read(SingleItemRecipe.java:76) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraft.item.crafting.RecipeManager.deserializeRecipe(RecipeManager.java:137) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraft.item.crafting.RecipeManager.apply(RecipeManager.java:60) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraft.item.crafting.RecipeManager.apply(RecipeManager.java:37) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraft.client.resources.ReloadListener.lambda$reload$1(ReloadListener.java:14) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
	at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniAccept(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_221] {}
	at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniAccept.tryFire(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_221] {}
	at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$Completion.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_221] {}
	at net.minecraft.resources.AsyncReloader.lambda$null$3(AsyncReloader.java:66) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.TickDelayedTask.run(TickDelayedTask.java:20) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.ThreadTaskExecutor.run(ThreadTaskExecutor.java:140) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
	at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.RecursiveEventLoop.run(RecursiveEventLoop.java:22) ~[?:?] {re:classloading}
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:757) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:141) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
	at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.ThreadTaskExecutor.driveOne(ThreadTaskExecutor.java:110) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.driveOneInternal(MinecraftServer.java:740) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.driveOne(MinecraftServer.java:734) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
	at net.minecraft.util.concurrent.ThreadTaskExecutor.driveUntil(ThreadTaskExecutor.java:123) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.loadDataPacks(MinecraftServer.java:1577) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
	... 5 more

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocationException: Non [a-z0-9/._-] character in path of location: spiritcraft:soul_stone_wall

Make sure you are not using characters that aren't listed above in your resource locations

Edited by poopoodice

10 minutes ago, poopoodice said:

[a-z0-9/._-] character in path of location: spiritcraft:soul_stone_wall

Make sure you are not using characters that aren't listed above in your resource locations

I just checked the path of every resource file that includes spiritcraft:soul_stone_wall and I wasn't able to find the error

1 minute ago, poopoodice said:

Took me a while, but in 

Spiritcraft-mod/main/resources/data/spiritcraft/recipes/soul_stone_wall_from_soul_stone_stonecutting.json

https://github.com/TheDeadlyWaffle/Spiritcraft-mod/blob/master/main/resources/data/spiritcraft/recipes/soul_stone_wall_from_soul_stone_stonecutting.json#L6

remove the blank space in the "result": "spiritcraft:soul_stone_wall ",

L__here

and I dont understand why the error only occur when you add the gem_pedestal, maybe you add the recipe while you add the gem_pedestal?

• Thanks 1

Hi

Looks like a problem in your recipe file:

SingleItemRecipe$Serializer.read

This is the code that reads recipes from json files.

It will probably help if you put a breakpoint in the constructor of ResourceLocationException, and then look back up the call stack to check what the variables are (i.e. which part of the recipe is being parsed)

-TGG

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, poopoodice said:

https://github.com/TheDeadlyWaffle/Spiritcraft-mod/blob/master/main/resources/data/spiritcraft/recipes/soul_stone_wall_from_soul_stone_stonecutting.json#L6

remove the blank space in the "result": "spiritcraft:soul_stone_wall ",

L__here

and I dont understand why the error only occur when you add the gem_pedestal, maybe you add the recipe while you add the gem_pedestal?

Oh my god thank you so much!