[1.16.1] The Book of Minecraft Modding - complete guide for beginners

I got into minecraft modding recently and was surprised by how hard it is to find useful up-to-date information. Because of that, I decided to document my learning journey and write a book about Minecraft modding for beginners. It applies to Minecraft 1.16.1 and the latest version of forge.

Keep in mind it is still a work in progress. More chapters will be added in the coming days. Suggestions and questions also are welcomed.

Link: https://thebookofmodding.ml/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Please use object holder to "hold" the block and item instances when registering or use deferred register if you're going to statically initialize anything. What you have written for custom blocks is just wrong.

I register my items and blocks similar:

RegisterBlocks.java

package maxi.ores_cores.init;

import maxi.ores_cores.OresCores;
import maxi.ores_cores.blocks.*;
import maxi.ores_cores.items.BasicBlockItem;
import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemGroup;
import net.minecraftforge.event.RegistryEvent.Register;
import net.minecraftforge.eventbus.api.SubscribeEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod.EventBusSubscriber;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus;
import net.minecraftforge.registries.IForgeRegistry;

@EventBusSubscriber(modid = OresCores.MODID, bus = Bus.MOD)
public class RegisterBlocks {

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void registerBlock(Register<Block> event) {
		final IForgeRegistry<Block> registry = event.getRegistry();
		registry.register(MetalBlock.EMOULRITE_BLOCK.setRegistryName(OresCores.MODID, "emoulrite_block"));
		registry.register(Ore.EMOULRITE_ORE.setRegistryName(OresCores.MODID, "emoulrite_ore"));
		registry.register(MetalBlock.TELERITE_BLOCK.setRegistryName(OresCores.MODID, "telerite_block"));
		registry.register(Ore.TELERITE_ORE.setRegistryName(OresCores.MODID, "telerite_ore"));
	}

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void registerItem(Register<Item> event) {
		final IForgeRegistry<Item> registry = event.getRegistry();
		registry.register(new BasicBlockItem(MetalBlock.EMOULRITE_BLOCK, ItemGroup.BUILDING_BLOCKS));
		registry.register(new BasicBlockItem(Ore.EMOULRITE_ORE, ItemGroup.BUILDING_BLOCKS));
		registry.register(new BasicBlockItem(MetalBlock.TELERITE_BLOCK, ItemGroup.BUILDING_BLOCKS));
		registry.register(new BasicBlockItem(Ore.TELERITE_ORE, ItemGroup.BUILDING_BLOCKS));
	}
}

MetalBlock.java (Ore.java is similar)

package maxi.ores_cores.blocks;

import net.minecraft.block.SoundType;
import net.minecraft.block.Block.Properties;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.block.material.MaterialColor;
import net.minecraftforge.common.ToolType;

public class MetalBlock {

public static final Block EMOULRITE_BLOCK = new Block(Properties
								.create(Material.IRON, MaterialColor.GOLD).sound(SoundType.METAL)
								.hardnessAndResistance(5, 6)
								.harvestTool(ToolType.PICKAXE).harvestLevel(2));

public static final Block TELERITE_BLOCK = new Block(Properties
								.create(Material.IRON, MaterialColor.PURPLE).sound(SoundType.METAL)
								.hardnessAndResistance(5, 6)
								.harvestTool(ToolType.PICKAXE).harvestLevel(2));

}

BasicBlockItem.java

package maxi.ores_cores.items;

import net.minecraft.item.BlockItem;

public class BasicBlockItem extends BlockItem {

public BasicBlockItem(Block block, ItemGroup group) {
		super(block, new Properties().group(group));
		setRegistryName(block.getRegistryName());
	}

}

Whats bad about this? I am new to modding and I appreciate every suggestion for improvement that I get

3 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Registration must occur during a very specific time (when the registry event is fired). By using a static initializer you are completely bypassing this and doing it when your class is initialized, which is not easy to know when it is.

So I should make the methods that register the blocks and items non static?

2 hours ago, Maxi07 said:

public static final Block EMOULRITE_BLOCK = new Block(Properties .create(Material.IRON, MaterialColor.GOLD).sound(SoundType.METAL) .hardnessAndResistance(5, 6) .harvestTool(ToolType.PICKAXE).harvestLevel(2));

Oh okay, you mean this, right?

EDIT: Thanks for helping me improving my code @diesieben07

Edited by Maxi07

On 7/4/2020 at 10:11 AM, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Please use object holder to "hold" the block and item instances when registering or use deferred register if you're going to statically initialize anything. What you have written for custom blocks is just wrong.

Thanks for pointing this out!

I updated the tutorial to use deferred registers.

Please let me know if you spot any further errors. I am happy to correct them as well

On 7/4/2020 at 1:09 AM, tcode2k16 said:

I got into minecraft modding recently and was surprised by how hard it is to find useful up-to-date information. Because of that, I decided to document my learning journey and write a book about Minecraft modding for beginners. It applies to Minecraft 1.16.1 and the latest version of forge.

Keep in mind it is still a work in progress. More chapters will be added in the coming days. Suggestions and questions also are welcomed.

Link: https://thebookofmodding.ml/

I want to know how to create and register an Events

41 minutes ago, zenglintao said:

I want to know how to create and register an Events

Extend Event, then call MinecraftForge#EVENT_BUS#register to register it, remember you have to fire your event manually using MinecraftForge#EVENT_BUS#post.

Edited by Novârch

It's sad how much time mods spend saying "x is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support".

On 7/4/2020 at 4:11 AM, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Please use object holder to "hold" the block and item instances when registering or use deferred register if you're going to statically initialize anything.

Okay, now I am finally continue with modding. I am changing my whole registration system and how I add blocks and items. I dont want the static intializer problem, but I dont want to use DefferedRegisries either (please dont ask why). So I looked at the minecraft classes net.minecraft.block.Blocks and net.minecraft.item.Items where the minecraft blocks and items are registered. I want to do this similar. I should use ObjectHolders. I searched how they work but I couldn't find something that could help me. And now I am asking here. And please say if you have an idea how i could make my registration system without DefferedRegisries and problems.

Thanks!

Edited by Maxi07

5 minutes ago, Maxi07 said:

I dont want the static intializer problem, but I dont want to use DefferedRegisries either

RegistryEvent, don't use vanilla registration if there is a Forge version available.

It's sad how much time mods spend saying "x is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support".

So will this already work?

package maxi.ores_cores.init;

import maxi.ores_cores.OresCores;
import maxi.ores_cores.items.BasicBlockItem;
import net.minecraft.block.SoundType;
import net.minecraft.block.Block.Properties;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.block.material.MaterialColor;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraftforge.common.ToolType;
import net.minecraftforge.event.RegistryEvent.Register;
import net.minecraftforge.eventbus.api.SubscribeEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod.EventBusSubscriber;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus;
import net.minecraftforge.registries.IForgeRegistry;
import net.minecraftforge.registries.ObjectHolder;

@ObjectHolder(value = OresCores.MODID)

public static final Block EXAMPLE_BLOCK = new Block(Properties.create(Material.ROCK, MaterialColor.STONE).sound(SoundType.STONE).hardnessAndResistance(3, 3).harvestTool(ToolType.PICKAXE).harvestLevel(2));

@SubscribeEvent
		registry.register(EXAMPLE_BLOCK.setRegistryName(OresCores.MODID, "emoulrite_block"));
	}

@SubscribeEvent
		registry.register(new BasicBlockItem(EXAMPLE_BLOCK, ItemGroup.BUILDING_BLOCKS));
	}
}

Now it finally works! Every tutorial I've seen used static initializers. What are the problems, why I should avoid them (I know you said something about timing above)? And by the way, is my code now finally not bad?

@SubscribeEvent

final Block EXAMPLE_BLOCK = new Block(Properties.create(Material.ROCK, MaterialColor.STONE).sound(SoundType.STONE).hardnessAndResistance(3, 3).harvestTool(ToolType.PICKAXE).harvestLevel(2));

registry.register(EXAMPLE_BLOCK.setRegistryName(OresCores.MODID, "example_block"));
	}

@SubscribeEvent
		registry.register(new BasicBlockItem(Blocks.EXAMPLE_BLOCK, ItemGroup.BUILDING_BLOCKS));
	}
}

Blocks.java:

@ObjectHolder(value = OresCores.MODID)
public class Blocks {

public static final Block EXAMPLE_BLOCK = null;

}

10 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Unfortunately most modding tutorials are written by amateurs, who don't even come here to ask for feedback before posting it as just "the way to do it" on Youtube, etc.

As prior amateur, I can attest to this. Currently, I am trying to improve my skills and knowledge by being active on these forms and verifying all of what I want to say. I believe the only tutorials currently recommended are those by McJty. If you need help on a problem that you cannot deconstruct by yourself, you should always turn to the forms or the forge discord.

• 3 weeks later...

You just give me the inspiration to do the same (of course as soon as I know more about forge and complex stuff😅).

https://thebookofmodding.ml/adding-custom-items/

package com.example.examplemod;

import ...;

public class RegistryHandler {
    // create DeferredRegister object
    public static final DeferredRegister<Item> ITEMS = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.ITEMS, ExampleMod.MODID);

public static void init() {
        // attach DeferredRegister to the event bus
        ITEMS.register(FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus());
    }

// register item
    public static final RegistryObject<Item> COPPER = ITEMS.register("copper", () ->
            new Item(
                    new Item.Properties().group(ItemGroup.MATERIALS)
            )
    );
}

public static void init() {
        // attach DeferredRegister to the event bus
        ITEMS.register(FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus());
    }

Personally I register this here in the constructor of my main class, just confirm. And to keep everything organized, I create a class for every DeferredRegister (e.g. the Item DeferredRegister is in a class called "ModItems" and there are all my items), I do this for every DeferredRegister I use, but this is just a small detail and everybody has the freedom to do what he wants. (I register the bus in my mainclass constructor and separate the items from the blocks, the blocks from the potions etc.)

https://thebookofmodding.ml/
I also wanted to ask (I know that 99.99% doesn't respect this anyway, but you should always do it) that you tell the readers on the start page that they should know Java first. As I said before, 99.99% of people don't read it and start right away, they get an error and ask you directly:

- some guy: "Some kind of generic error", hey you! Can you please solve it for me directly? I don't understand anything about generics…

- You: Have you at least learned Java?

(The answer is already: NO)

So you could also just the recommend readers java tutorials in the same way as cadiboo it did (bad english, srry):
https://cadiboo.github.io/tutorials/Pre-requisites/

Last question:

How did you create such a website? And do you pay to host it?

I am interested in it myself (as I said before) and don't know if I should program my own website or rather use a website generator like: Github Beautiful Jekyll.  Just asking (and I think it's one of the few website tutorials, though not the only one that supports DarkTheme. Sorry, but this is something to celebrate).

Hope these tips will help you (sorry if it's a bit long)

P.S.: 
https://thebookofmodding.ml/loot-tables/
https://thebookofmodding.ml/crafting-and-smeliting-recipes/
I would use a DataGenerator instead of doing this manually. If you want a tutorial about the DataGenerator:
https://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/datagen/intro/

Edited by FrostDracony
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Could somebody here tell me how to make hostile mobs and make custom models for them and stuff I am a really big noob to this and know pretty much nothing I didnt really try and make one myself since i will most likely mess a lotta stuff up so i would really appreciate some help.

Edit: Also im Using 1.16

Edited by JabberWocky234
Unclarified Point

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • it crashed again     What the console says : [00:02:03] [Server thread/INFO] [Easy NPC/]: [EntityManager] Server started! [00:02:03] [Server thread/INFO] [co.gi.al.ic.IceAndFire/]: {iceandfire:fire_dragon_roost=true, iceandfire:fire_lily=true, iceandfire:spawn_dragon_skeleton_fire=true, iceandfire:lightning_dragon_roost=true, iceandfire:spawn_dragon_skeleton_lightning=true, iceandfire:ice_dragon_roost=true, iceandfire:ice_dragon_cave=true, iceandfire:lightning_dragon_cave=true, iceandfire:cyclops_cave=true, iceandfire:spawn_wandering_cyclops=true, iceandfire:spawn_sea_serpent=true, iceandfire:frost_lily=true, iceandfire:hydra_cave=true, iceandfire:lightning_lily=true, iceandfireixie_village=true, iceandfire:myrmex_hive_jungle=true, iceandfire:myrmex_hive_desert=true, iceandfire:silver_ore=true, iceandfire:siren_island=true, iceandfire:spawn_dragon_skeleton_ice=true, iceandfire:spawn_stymphalian_bird=true, iceandfire:fire_dragon_cave=true, iceandfire:sapphire_ore=true, iceandfire:spawn_hippocampus=true, iceandfire:spawn_death_worm=true} [00:02:03] [Server thread/INFO] [co.gi.al.ic.IceAndFire/]: {TROLL_S=true, HIPPOGRYPH=true, AMPHITHERE=true, COCKATRICE=true, TROLL_M=true, DREAD_LICH=true, TROLL_F=true} [00:02:03] [Server thread/INFO] [ne.be.lo.WeaponRegistry/]: Encoded Weapon Attribute registry size (with package overhead): 41976 bytes (in 5 string chunks with the size of 10000) [00:02:03] [Server thread/INFO] [patchouli/]: Sending reload packet to clients [00:02:03] [Server thread/WARN] [voicechat/]: [voicechat] Running in offline mode - Voice chat encryption is not secure! [00:02:03] [VoiceChatServerThread/INFO] [voicechat/]: [voicechat] Using server-ip as bind address: 0.0.0.0 [00:02:03] [Server thread/WARN] [ModernFix/]: Dedicated server took 22.521 seconds to load [00:02:03] [VoiceChatServerThread/INFO] [voicechat/]: [voicechat] Voice chat server started at 0.0.0.0:25565 [00:02:03] [Server thread/WARN] [minecraft/SynchedEntityData]: defineId called for: class net.minecraft.world.entity.player.Player from class tschipp.carryon.common.carry.CarryOnDataManager [00:02:03] [Server thread/INFO] [ne.mi.co.AdvancementLoadFix/]: Using new advancement loading for net.minecraft.server.PlayerAdvancements@2941ffd5 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 0 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 1 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 2 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 3 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 4 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 5 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 6 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 7 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 8 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 9 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 10 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 11 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 12 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 13 [00:02:10] [Netty Epoll Server IO #2/INFO] [Calio/]: Received acknowledgment for login packet with id 14 [00:02:19] [Server thread/INFO] [ne.mi.co.AdvancementLoadFix/]: Using new advancement loading for net.minecraft.server.PlayerAdvancements@ebc7ef2 [00:02:19] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/PlayerList]: ZacAdos[/90.2.17.162:49242] logged in with entity id 1062 at (-1848.6727005281205, 221.0, -3054.2468255848935) [00:02:19] [Server thread/ERROR] [ModernFix/]: Skipping entity ID sync for com.talhanation.smallships.world.entity.ship.Ship: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/CameraType [00:02:19] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: - Gloop - ZacAdos joined the game [00:02:19] [Server thread/INFO] [xa.pa.OpenPartiesAndClaims/]: Updating all forceload tickets for cc56befd-d376-3526-a760-340713c478bd [00:02:19] [Server thread/INFO] [se.mi.te.da.DataManager/]: Sending data to client: ZacAdos [00:02:19] [Server thread/INFO] [voicechat/]: [voicechat] Received secret request of - Gloop - ZacAdos (17) [00:02:19] [Server thread/INFO] [voicechat/]: [voicechat] Sent secret to - Gloop - ZacAdos [00:02:21] [VoiceChatPacketProcessingThread/INFO] [voicechat/]: [voicechat] Successfully authenticated player cc56befd-d376-3526-a760-340713c478bd [00:02:22] [VoiceChatPacketProcessingThread/INFO] [voicechat/]: [voicechat] Successfully validated connection of player cc56befd-d376-3526-a760-340713c478bd [00:02:22] [VoiceChatPacketProcessingThread/INFO] [voicechat/]: [voicechat] Player - Gloop - ZacAdos (cc56befd-d376-3526-a760-340713c478bd) successfully connected to voice chat stop [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Stopping the server [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [mo.pl.ar.ArmourersWorkshop/]: stop local service [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Stopping server [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Saving players [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/ServerGamePacketListenerImpl]: ZacAdos lost connection: Server closed [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: - Gloop - ZacAdos left the game [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [xa.pa.OpenPartiesAndClaims/]: Updating all forceload tickets for cc56befd-d376-3526-a760-340713c478bd [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Saving worlds [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:overworld [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:the_end [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Saving chunks for level 'ServerLevel[world]'/minecraft:the_nether [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (world): All chunks are saved [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM1): All chunks are saved [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage (DIM-1): All chunks are saved [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: ThreadedAnvilChunkStorage: All dimensions are saved [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [xa.pa.OpenPartiesAndClaims/]: Stopping IO worker... [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [xa.pa.OpenPartiesAndClaims/]: Stopped IO worker! [00:02:34] [Server thread/INFO] [Calio/]: Removing Dynamic Registries for: net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@7dc879e1 [MineStrator Daemon]: Checking server disk space usage, this could take a few seconds... [MineStrator Daemon]: Updating process configuration files... [MineStrator Daemon]: Ensuring file permissions are set correctly, this could take a few seconds... [MineStrator Daemon]: Pulling Docker container image, this could take a few minutes to complete... [MineStrator Daemon]: Finished pulling Docker container image container@pterodactyl~ java -version openjdk version "17.0.10" 2024-01-16 OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-17.0.10+7 (build 17.0.10+7) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Temurin-17.0.10+7 (build 17.0.10+7, mixed mode, sharing) container@pterodactyl~ java -Xms128M -Xmx6302M -Dterminal.jline=false -Dterminal.ansi=true -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -p libraries/cpw/mods/bootstraplauncher/1.1.2/bootstraplauncher-1.1.2.jar:libraries/cpw/mods/securejarhandler/2.1.4/securejarhandler-2.1.4.jar:libraries/org/ow2/asm/asm-commons/9.5/asm-commons-9.5.jar:libraries/org/ow2/asm/asm-util/9.5/asm-util-9.5.jar:libraries/org/ow2/asm/asm-analysis/9.5/asm-analysis-9.5.jar:libraries/org/ow2/asm/asm-tree/9.5/asm-tree-9.5.jar:libraries/org/ow2/asm/asm/9.5/asm-9.5.jar:libraries/net/minecraftforge/JarJarFileSystems/0.3.16/JarJarFileSystems-0.3.16.jar --add-modules ALL-MODULE-PATH --add-opens java.base/java.util.jar=cpw.mods.securejarhandler --add-opens java.base/java.lang.invoke=cpw.mods.securejarhandler --add-exports java.base/sun.security.util=cpw.mods.securejarhandler --add-exports jdk.naming.dns/com.sun.jndi.dns=java.naming -Djava.net.preferIPv6Addresses=system -DignoreList=bootstraplauncher-1.1.2.jar,securejarhandler-2.1.4.jar,asm-commons-9.5.jar,asm-util-9.5.jar,asm-analysis-9.5.jar,asm-tree-9.5.jar,asm-9.5.jar,JarJarFileSystems-0.3.16.jar -DlibraryDirectory=libraries -DlegacyClassPath=libraries/cpw/mods/securejarhandler/2.1.4/securejarhandler-2.1.4.jar:libraries/org/ow2/asm/asm/9.5/asm-9.5.jar:libraries/org/ow2/asm/asm-commons/9.5/asm-commons-9.5.jar:libraries/org/ow2/asm/asm-tree/9.5/asm-tree-9.5.jar:libraries/org/ow2/asm/asm-util/9.5/asm-util-9.5.jar:libraries/org/ow2/asm/asm-analysis/9.5/asm-analysis-9.5.jar:libraries/net/minecraftforge/accesstransformers/8.0.4/accesstransformers-8.0.4.jar:libraries/org/antlr/antlr4-runtime/4.9.1/antlr4-runtime-4.9.1.jar:libraries/net/minecraftforge/eventbus/6.0.3/eventbus-6.0.3.jar:libraries/net/minecraftforge/forgespi/6.0.0/forgespi-6.0.0.jar:libraries/net/minecraftforge/coremods/5.0.1/coremods-5.0.1.jar:libraries/cpw/mods/modlauncher/10.0.8/modlauncher-10.0.8.jar:libraries/net/minecraftforge/unsafe/0.2.0/unsafe-0.2.0.jar:libraries/com/electronwill/night-config/core/3.6.4/core-3.6.4.jar:libraries/com/electronwill/night-config/toml/3.6.4/toml-3.6.4.jar:libraries/org/apache/maven/maven-artifact/3.8.5/maven-artifact-3.8.5.jar:libraries/net/jodah/typetools/0.8.3/typetools-0.8.3.jar:libraries/net/minecrell/terminalconsoleappender/1.2.0/terminalconsoleappender-1.2.0.jar:libraries/org/jline/jline-reader/3.12.1/jline-reader-3.12.1.jar:libraries/org/jline/jline-terminal/3.12.1/jline-terminal-3.12.1.jar:libraries/org/spongepowered/mixin/0.8.5/mixin-0.8.5.jar:libraries/org/openjdk/nashorn/nashorn-core/15.3/nashorn-core-15.3.jar:libraries/net/minecraftforge/JarJarSelector/0.3.16/JarJarSelector-0.3.16.jar:libraries/net/minecraftforge/JarJarMetadata/0.3.16/JarJarMetadata-0.3.16.jar:libraries/net/minecraftforge/fmlloader/1.19.2-43.3.0/fmlloader-1.19.2-43.3.0.jar:libraries/net/minecraft/server/1.19.2-20220805.130853/server-1.19.2-20220805.130853-extra.jar:libraries/com/github/oshi/oshi-core/5.8.5/oshi-core-5.8.5.jar:libraries/com/google/code/gson/gson/2.8.9/gson-2.8.9.jar:libraries/com/google/guava/failureaccess/1.0.1/failureaccess-1.0.1.jar:libraries/com/google/guava/guava/31.0.1-jre/guava-31.0.1-jre.jar:libraries/com/mojang/authlib/3.11.49/authlib-3.11.49.jar:libraries/com/mojang/brigadier/1.0.18/brigadier-1.0.18.jar:libraries/com/mojang/datafixerupper/5.0.28/datafixerupper-5.0.28.jar:libraries/com/mojang/javabridge/1.2.24/javabridge-1.2.24.jar:libraries/com/mojang/logging/1.0.0/logging-1.0.0.jar:libraries/commons-io/commons-io/2.11.0/commons-io-2.11.0.jar:libraries/io/netty/netty-buffer/4.1.77.Final/netty-buffer-4.1.77.Final.jar:libraries/io/netty/netty-codec/4.1.77.Final/netty-codec-4.1.77.Final.jar:libraries/io/netty/netty-common/4.1.77.Final/netty-common-4.1.77.Final.jar:libraries/io/netty/netty-handler/4.1.77.Final/netty-handler-4.1.77.Final.jar:libraries/io/netty/netty-resolver/4.1.77.Final/netty-resolver-4.1.77.Final.jar:libraries/io/netty/netty-transport/4.1.77.Final/netty-transport-4.1.77.Final.jar:libraries/io/netty/netty-transport-classes-epoll/4.1.77.Final/netty-transport-classes-epoll-4.1.77.Final.jar:libraries/io/netty/netty-transport-native-epoll/4.1.77.Final/netty-transport-native-epoll-4.1.77.Final-linux-x86_64.jar:libraries/io/netty/netty-transport-native-epoll/4.1.77.Final/netty-transport-native-epoll-4.1.77.Final-linux-aarch_64.jar:libraries/io/netty/netty-transport-native-unix-common/4.1.77.Final/netty-transport-native-unix-common-4.1.77.Final.jar:libraries/it/unimi/dsi/fastutil/8.5.6/fastutil-8.5.6.jar:libraries/net/java/dev/jna/jna/5.10.0/jna-5.10.0.jar:libraries/net/java/dev/jna/jna-platform/5.10.0/jna-platform-5.10.0.jar:libraries/net/sf/jopt-simple/jopt-simple/5.0.4/jopt-simple-5.0.4.jar:libraries/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.12.0/commons-lang3-3.12.0.jar:libraries/org/apache/logging/log4j/log4j-api/2.17.0/log4j-api-2.17.0.jar:libraries/org/apache/logging/log4j/log4j-core/2.17.0/log4j-core-2.17.0.jar:libraries/org/apache/logging/log4j/log4j-slf4j18-impl/2.17.0/log4j-slf4j18-impl-2.17.0.jar:libraries/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.8.0-beta4/slf4j-api-1.8.0-beta4.jar cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher --launchTarget forgeserver --fml.forgeVersion 43.3.0 --fml.mcVersion 1.19.2 --fml.forgeGroup net.minecraftforge --fml.mcpVersion 20220805.130853 [00:02:42] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--launchTarget, forgeserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 43.3.0, --fml.mcVersion, 1.19.2, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, --fml.mcpVersion, 20220805.130853] [00:02:42] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 10.0.8+10.0.8+main.0ef7e830 starting: java version 17.0.10 by Eclipse Adoptium; OS Linux arch amd64 version 6.1.0-12-amd64 [00:02:43] [main/INFO] [mixin/]: SpongePowered MIXIN Subsystem Version=0.8.5 Source=union:/home/container/libraries/org/spongepowered/mixin/0.8.5/mixin-0.8.5.jar%2363!/ Service=ModLauncher Env=SERVER [00:02:43] [main/WARN] [ne.mi.fm.lo.mo.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file /home/container/libraries/net/minecraftforge/fmlcore/1.19.2-43.3.0/fmlcore-1.19.2-43.3.0.jar is missing mods.toml file [00:02:43] [main/WARN] [ne.mi.fm.lo.mo.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file /home/container/libraries/net/minecraftforge/javafmllanguage/1.19.2-43.3.0/javafmllanguage-1.19.2-43.3.0.jar is missing mods.toml file [00:02:43] [main/WARN] [ne.mi.fm.lo.mo.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file /home/container/libraries/net/minecraftforge/lowcodelanguage/1.19.2-43.3.0/lowcodelanguage-1.19.2-43.3.0.jar is missing mods.toml file [00:02:43] [main/WARN] [ne.mi.fm.lo.mo.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file /home/container/libraries/net/minecraftforge/mclanguage/1.19.2-43.3.0/mclanguage-1.19.2-43.3.0.jar is missing mods.toml file [00:02:44] [main/WARN] [ne.mi.ja.se.JarSelector/]: Attempted to select two dependency jars from JarJar which have the same identification: Mod File: and Mod File: . Using Mod File: [00:02:44] [main/WARN] [ne.mi.ja.se.JarSelector/]: Attempted to select a dependency jar for JarJar which was passed in as source: resourcefullib. Using Mod File: /home/container/mods/resourcefullib-forge-1.19.2-1.1.24.jar [00:02:44] [main/INFO] [ne.mi.fm.lo.mo.JarInJarDependencyLocator/]: Found 13 dependencies adding them to mods collection Latest log [29Mar2024 00:02:42.803] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--launchTarget, forgeserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 43.3.0, --fml.mcVersion, 1.19.2, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, --fml.mcpVersion, 20220805.130853] [29Mar2024 00:02:42.805] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 10.0.8+10.0.8+main.0ef7e830 starting: java version 17.0.10 by Eclipse Adoptium; OS Linux arch amd64 version 6.1.0-12-amd64 [29Mar2024 00:02:43.548] [main/INFO] [mixin/]: SpongePowered MIXIN Subsystem Version=0.8.5 Source=union:/home/container/libraries/org/spongepowered/mixin/0.8.5/mixin-0.8.5.jar%2363!/ Service=ModLauncher Env=SERVER [29Mar2024 00:02:43.876] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file /home/container/libraries/net/minecraftforge/fmlcore/1.19.2-43.3.0/fmlcore-1.19.2-43.3.0.jar is missing mods.toml file [29Mar2024 00:02:43.877] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file /home/container/libraries/net/minecraftforge/javafmllanguage/1.19.2-43.3.0/javafmllanguage-1.19.2-43.3.0.jar is missing mods.toml file [29Mar2024 00:02:43.877] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file /home/container/libraries/net/minecraftforge/lowcodelanguage/1.19.2-43.3.0/lowcodelanguage-1.19.2-43.3.0.jar is missing mods.toml file [29Mar2024 00:02:43.878] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.ModFileParser/LOADING]: Mod file /home/container/libraries/net/minecraftforge/mclanguage/1.19.2-43.3.0/mclanguage-1.19.2-43.3.0.jar is missing mods.toml file [29Mar2024 00:02:44.033] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.jarjar.selection.JarSelector/]: Attempted to select two dependency jars from JarJar which have the same identification: Mod File: and Mod File: . Using Mod File: [29Mar2024 00:02:44.034] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.jarjar.selection.JarSelector/]: Attempted to select a dependency jar for JarJar which was passed in as source: resourcefullib. Using Mod File: /home/container/mods/resourcefullib-forge-1.19.2-1.1.24.jar [29Mar2024 00:02:44.034] [main/INFO] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.JarInJarDependencyLocator/]: Found 13 dependencies adding them to mods collection
    • I am unable to do that. Brigadier is a mojang library that parses commands.
    • Hi, i appreciate the answer. I would love to do that, but we have active players with all their belongings in SSN. Also this mod is really handy and they would be mad if we removed it. Are you really certain that SSN is causing this? It would require lots of work to test it and SSN was not really an issue before we removed Fast Suite. Can it be related somehow? I will provide you with log before removing FS. PasteBin: https://pastebin.com/Y5EpLpNe (crash before removing Fast Suite, which I suspected to be a problem from some crash before)
    • Backup the world and make a test without storagenetwork
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.