[1.15.2] Player gets stuck when left clicking grass with Gun Item

xanderindalzone

Hi, I have a weird issue, I dont know why but when I hold left click with a Gun Item(to aim) in the main hand, looking at grass, flowers, or torches, the player gets stuck and cant move until I stop holding left click or stop looking at the grass, flower, torch, etc,.... 

How could I fix this? I think i've checked all the methods from the Gun class and all the events that relate to this issue, but none is making this happen.

PD: in creative mode it has a different, it just causes the player movement to lag, and its triggered by holding left click with any block.

Here's the repo: 

Gun class

Footage:

Edited by xanderindalzone

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

5 hours ago, vemerion said:

Well, the easy way to fix this is to return true from canPlayerBreakBlockWhileHolding. Of course that means that the grass will be destroyed while holding the gun instead...

I fixed the bug by overriding this method in the Gun's class and removing the others that prevented mining:

@Override
    public float getDestroySpeed(ItemStack stack, BlockState state) {
        return 0;
    }

but now it doesnt call onItemRightClick(shoot) when the player is aiming(holding left click) while looking to a non-solid block(glass, flower, etc).

And by the way, is there a way to also set destroy speed to 0 on creative while holding the item? because if I remove the left click interaction on creative it still lags the player movement while aiming and looking to any block.

50 minutes ago, xanderindalzone said:

And by the way, is there a way to also set destroy speed to 0 on creative while holding the item?

Check the SwordItem class.

It doesn't set the destroy speed to 0 (as that is not even checked in creative), but handles preventing blocks from being destroyed in another manner.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

59 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

Check the SwordItem class.

It doesn't set the destroy speed to 0 (as that is not even checked in creative), but handles preventing blocks from being destroyed in another manner.

I've checked and swords behave exactly as my Gun right know, the only issue now is that it doesnt shoot(onItemRightClick method) when I hold left click in survival with a Gun pointing to any block in range for mining