[SOLVED] [1.5.2]Loading the same textures vanilla loads?

saxon564

For Blocks:

Use Block.[blockname].getBlockTextureFromSide(par1)

EG/

The crafting table uses the planks texture here:

public Icon getIcon(int par1, int par2)
    {
        return par1 == 1 ? this.workbenchIconTop : (par1 == 0 ? [b]Block.planks.getBlockTextureFromSide(par1)[/b] : (par1 != 2 && par1 != 4 ? this.blockIcon : this.workbenchIconFront));
    }

For Items:

I don't know sorry. Some items (like the bow) use the forge registerIcons method, in which case you can just steal that...but most others don't! Sorry!

Look in the .java file for the block/item you want, and where it registers the icon you use that same code in your block/item. It will not be "MODNAME:texture" but just "texture". If you use this then your block will load the same file as vanilla!

Hope this helped

Luis :)

Look in the .java file for the block/item you want, and where it registers the icon you use that same code in your block/item. It will not be "MODNAME:texture" but just "texture". If you use this then your block will load the same file as vanilla!

Two things about the quoted post:

1) This would create a duplicate icon in the combined texture sheet (thus not a good idea)

2) Vanilla blocks and items do not have a registerIcon function (as its handled by the block class and not overriden and uses block.getUnlocalizedName() so it doesn't follow the mod format).

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

that worked perfectly andrew, just had to modify it so that some of the variables would never exist and some were true for all

return (par1 != 9 ? Block.oreCoal.getBlockTextureFromSide(par1) : (par1 == -2 && par1 == -4 ? this.blockIcon : this.coalOre));

thats the code i put in.