• Take a look at GreyGhost tutorials, he shows different ways of implementing containers (among other useful tutorials), and you may find that instructive; https://github.com/TheGreyGhost/MinecraftByExample/tree/1-15-2-working/src/main/java/minecraftbyexample By the way which problem you came across? Show what you have written so far please
    • I just started modding a few weeks ago and I am new to forge but have at least a basic understanding of Java programming. I am self taught but know the basics and am constantly trying to improve. Anyways, I wanted to learn how to use containers, inventories, etc. and I noticed a lack of information newer than 1.14 and was having a lot of difficulty following tutorials online. For this specific mod, I was trying to start off super basic and just make an inventory with 2 slots, but I wanted to put the inventory on an entity that already exists within minecraft, because I thought it would be easier than creating my own entity. I decided to use the pig, and so far I have been basing almost all of my code off of the horse entity. I have come across many problems though and I do not know where to find an answer since there is not much documentation on this. I have been learning a lot about tileEntities and I was going to try making a chest with 2 inventory slots and then just opening that chest whenever I click on a pig, but this seems like an inefficient way to go about doing this. Unfortunately since I am new to modding I do not know all of the different possible ways to accomplish this and I was wondering if someone could help me a little bit so I can get on my way. I will supply people with any code that they might need to see to help me out, and I am using IntelliJ. Thanks!
    • Alright, i'm getting a little desperate here. For context, my friends and I started an MC Eternal modpack server a couple days ago. Up until now my friend has recently started getting io.netty errors and keeps disconnecting from the server. We've tried various solutions, flushing his dns, changing his dns, resetting his router, allowing java through his firewall, disabling his firewall, deleting hamachi, resetting his pc multiple times, changing the network compression threshold on the server, lowering his rendering distance etc. Here are his logs, he can connect for a couple seconds and walk around but eventually he will disconnect. Here are his logs, i've tried looking through them but i couldn't see what the problem was maybe someone else can? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q9K38b4fUneK2DPpUxVps0tSCI7Bhxjf/view?usp=sharing
    • does it matter if the mod is old what would be the limit you u say of how far back I should look (ex: comparing version 1.15.2 to 1.12.2) would that be to old to learn from
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)