Can't resolve symbol SpawnListEntry

Skullblade

9 hours ago, Luis_ST said:

please learn basic java before modding minecraft
i already told you what you have to do.

the code part genericName.addSpawn... is correct,
but you put a method in a method that is completely wrong
in addition you never use the event

Which method is wrong and how would I use the event? I can't do much about it if you're not specific. In addition, I believe I had asked what the p_ builder number thing was for this specific instance. When looking at the farm animal code and the monster code, there were two different p_ things. (I don't know what they're called, I just dislike their existence)

25 minutes ago, Skullblade said:

Which method is wrong and how would I use the event?

the "bloodghastSpawns" method is wrong remove them but copy the code inside the methode.
then replace "genericName" with event.getSpawns() an it should work...

28 minutes ago, Skullblade said:

In addition, I believe I had asked what the p_ builder number thing was for this specific instance. When looking at the farm animal code and the monster code, there were two different p_ things.

explain

2 hours ago, Luis_ST said:

the "bloodghastSpawns" method is wrong remove them but copy the code inside the methode.
then replace "genericName" with event.getSpawns() an it should work...

explain

You know, the code thingy. In the DefaultBiomeFeatures you sent me to, each builder has a different p_ number thing, like p_243731_0_ or p_243734_0_. I didn't know if I needed one, but apparently event.getSpawns() works. The instructions about removing the bloodghastSpawns were unclear, but I think it should look something like this. You know, without the errors.

image.thumb.png.762cf6f6dbbc87f0fa98d111ba89537b.png

The underlined section in red is asking for an EntityClassification, and I gave it an EntityType. But I don't believe I have a classification to give it. I tried 'classification' and 'PlaneswalkerEntities.classification' but those didn't work.

39 minutes ago, Skullblade said:

You know, the code thingy. In the DefaultBiomeFeatures you sent me to, each builder has a different p_ number thing, like p_243731_0_ or p_243734_0_.

these are unmapped parameter names, mojang only gives forge the names of fields and methods (1.17 and classes).

44 minutes ago, Skullblade said:

The underlined section in red is asking for an EntityClassification, and I gave it an EntityType. But I don't believe I have a classification to give it. I tried 'classification' and 'PlaneswalkerEntities.classification' but those didn't work.

this is the type of the entity like
EntityClassification#MONSTER (zombie),
EntityClassification#CREATURE (villager),
EntityClassification#AMBIENT (bat),
and so on

7 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

these are unmapped parameter names, mojang only gives forge the names of fields and methods (1.17 and classes).

this is the type of the entity like
EntityClassification#MONSTER (zombie),
EntityClassification#CREATURE (villager),
EntityClassification#AMBIENT (bat),
and so on

Good to know. Thank you for your help, and sorry for not understanding earlier.