MakerBuild System

makerimages

Are you a Mod developer, pushing out builds day after day, doing all the zipping by hand? Are you too confused to get Jenkins up and running?

Don`t worry no more! We`ve go the solution to your problems right here- Allow me to present the MakerBuild System, MBS for Short. MBS has a nice, easy to use gui and after you`ve pointed it tou your source and assets directory, it is a one click matter to get it to build your latest release of the mod. Mods can (Not implemented yet) also be pushed online, and distributed via the included(Not yet!) MBS Server-side scripts!

Go ahead, it`s open source so check out the source code at https://bitbucket.org/makerimages/makerbuild-system !

Gradle makes this obsolete, Also looking at it, this doesnt actually do jack shit besides display a random gui.

And pro-tip GUI's wont work on headless servers such as build servers!

Ya... No...

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Have not thought about gradle.

Also looking at it, this doesnt actually do jack shit besides display a random gui.

And pro-tip GUI's wont work on headless servers such as build servers!

Hey, this is WIP, the repo does not contain current code as it contains a small bug, it is capable of building a zip from two pointed directories(src and assets) as of the current local version.

This is meant for local use you

• Download the MBS archieve
  • If you have a webserver for your mod(a homepage), you upload the contained .php scripts to it
  • You then set up a mod build configuration within the MBS, and point to the .php files if uploaded
  • From there on, it is as simple as opening MBS, selecting a mod to build, selecting a MC version it is for, and clicking Build , all the rest will be done automatically

Here's a question:

Does it pull the entire assets folder (which may or may not contain folders above what it necessary for the mod) or does it pull a specific folder (or folders) within the assets directory?

(Also yeah, you should have waited to announce the project until your small bug was fixed)

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.