block render registry

Mightydanp

My block render is acting wierd :/ it gives me this error

[FML]: Caught exception from eot

java.lang.NullPointerException

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(ModelLoader.java:1094) ~[forgeSrc-1.10.2-12.18.1.2044.jar:?]

at com.mightydanp.eot.api.common.handler.IRegistryHandler.renderBlock(IRegistryHandler.java:61) ~[bin/:?]

at com.mightydanp.eot.common.block.ModBlocks.renderBlocks(ModBlocks.java:67) ~[bin/:?]

at com.mightydanp.eot.client.ClientProxy.preInit(ClientProxy.java:17) ~[bin/:?]

at com.mightydanp.eot.common.EoT.preinit(EoT.java:66) ~[bin/:?]

here are those lines

61 ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(Item.getItemFromBlock(block), 0, new ModelResourceLocation(Reference.MODID + ":" + prefixName, "inventory"));

Did you register an item for your block?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Where are you firing your render-registry? Main, or proxy? When? preInit, init or postInit?

Are you calling this before or after you register your block?

Also:

Do not use "Reference.MODID + ":" + prefixName".

Simply use block.getRegistryName, after setting the registryName, either in your block's constructor, or while instantiating the block for registration.

In a mod called "supermod", if I set the registryname of a block to "superblock", getRegistryName would return "supermod:superblock", it's all done for you.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

Here, have a look on one of my registries.

https://github.com/Matryoshika/Underworld/blob/master/src/main/java/se/Matryoshika/Underworld/Content/ContentRegistry.java

And for rendering:

https://github.com/Matryoshika/Underworld/blob/master/src/main/java/se/Matryoshika/Underworld/Content/Rendering/BlockRenderRegister.java

ContentRegistry: Fired in CommonProxy; preInit.

BlockRenderRegistry: Fired in Client-Proxy; preinit.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

• What exactly is your crash?
  • Are you ever setting the registryName in each block? Has to be done in the blocks constructor, or while registering the block instance

Or rather, anytime as early as the constructor to just before registering.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

im trying something like this

public static <BLOCK extends Block> BLOCK registerBlock(BLOCK block, String prefixName, @Nullable String[] suffixName) {

if (suffixName != null) {

GameRegistry.register(block.setRegistryName(prefixName + suffixName), new ResourceLocation(Reference.MODID, prefixName));

ItemBlock itemBlock = new IMetaItemBlock(block, suffixName);

GameRegistry.register(itemBlock.setRegistryName(block.getRegistryName()));

} else {

GameRegistry.register(block.setRegistryName(prefixName), new ResourceLocation(Reference.MODID, prefixName));

}

it gives me Caught exception from eot

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempted to set registry name with existing registry name! New: eot:compressed Old: eot:compressed[Ljava.lang.String;@64b7066e

You are trying to set the registryName twice. You can only do it once. Remove the .setRegistryName(prefixName+suffixName) if you are doing it somewhere else.

[Tt]prefixName + suffixNam[/code]

suffixName is an array, this isn't doing what you think is doing. That's why the old name ends in "[Ljava.lang.String;@64b7066e"

ifgured out the problem and semi-fixed it

im trying to make this ise a ItemBlock but i get a error when i put ItemBlockTwigs.class

public static Block registerBlock(Block block, String prefixName, @Nullable String[] suffixName, @Nullable ItemBlock isCustomItemBlock) {

if (isCustomItemBlock == null) {

GameRegistry.register(block, new ResourceLocation(Reference.MODID, prefixName));

ItemBlock itemBlock = new IMetaItemBlock(block, suffixName);

GameRegistry.register(itemBlock.setRegistryName(block.getRegistryName()));

} else {

GameRegistry.register(block, new ResourceLocation(Reference.MODID, prefixName));

GameRegistry.register(isCustomItemBlock.setRegistryName(block.getRegistryName()));

}

return block;

}

May I reccommend checking out my github link in my signature and looking at RegistryHelper.registerBlock(Block block, String registryName) and comparing it to yours and looking at RegistryHelper.registerBlockModel(Block block, meta)

*Edit and RegistryHelper.registerCustomItemBlockAndBlock

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

I just have but can you explain what i am sepost to put in for itemblock in

public static void registerCustomItemBlockAndBlock(Block block, ItemBlock itemBlock, String registryName)

because for me i am putting in

registerCustomItemBlockAndBlock(twigs, ItemTwigs.class, ItemReference.TWIGS_NAME)

and it says

The method registerBlock(Block, ItemBlock, String) in the type IRegistryHandler is not applicable for the arguments (Block, Class<ItemTwigs>, String)