IBlockAccess, coordinates and optional metadata for getTextureFile method

XEZKalvin

I need IBlockAcces and coordinates to make my mod work better with other mods that use their own texture file. I'd like it to be equivalent to the method that gets the normal block texture (this one):

public int getBlockTexture(IBlockAccess par1IBlockAccess, int par2, int par3, int par4, int par5)
    {
        return this.getBlockTextureFromSideAndMetadata(par5, par1IBlockAccess.getBlockMetadata(par2, par3, par4));
    }

I need to be able to acces the tileEntity before I can make it work correctly. My mod is open-source and you can see what I mean if you see how I get the normal textures in this file.

Make a custom block renderer (and I mean an implementation of ISimpleBlockRenderingHandler).

If you make your block's texture overrideable, you can simply override the texture, tell the RenderBlocks instance to render as a normal block, then rollback to the default textures / whatever.

At least, that's what I do and it works wonders.

Did I help? Hitting 'Thank You' would be appreciated.

Soon, the lost city will rise from the bottom of the ocean, and spread it's technology across Minecraft.

Make a custom block renderer (and I mean an implementation of ISimpleBlockRenderingHandler).

If you make your block's texture overrideable, you can simply override the texture, tell the RenderBlocks instance to render as a normal block, then rollback to the default textures / whatever.

At least, that's what I do and it works wonders.

Thanks for the tip on that. I just recently found out how to use it but I didn't think of that. Now I have only one thing: do you know if there's a way in the renderer to flip a texture verticaly. I know there is one for horizontal but I couldn't find one for vertical.

Edit: Never mind. Already found it out :)