Change vanilla Mushroom Behaviour [1.14.4]

cech12

Hey guys,

I have a problem with changing the vanilla behaviour of mushrooms. I want to add a tree like automatic growing to mushrooms. The problem is, that I cannot change the original class.

But there is the tick method, where the magic should happen. I tried to replace the Mushroom Object in the registry with an own Object that extends the MushroomBlock class. (https://github.com/cech12/ExtendedMushrooms/commit/61e451f15b10e2f875d19b68647dc2e404fc63db)

That works but there are some problems with the world generation (no mushrooms anymore ?).

So I searched through the internet and found the tip of using Events. But I cannot find an event which rises when a mushroom tick is done.

The BlockEvent.CropGrowEvent.Pre would be a good way, but a mushroom tick does not fire this event. :/

Is there any other way, to make the mushroom growing change?

Thanks for your help!

I work with Minecraft 1.14.4 and Forge 28.1.0

Edited by cech12

5 hours ago, cech12 said:

That works but there are some problems with the world generation (no mushrooms anymore ?).

Add the world generation back yourself.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

8 hours ago, cech12 said:

The BlockEvent.CropGrowEvent.Pre would be a good way, but a mushroom tick does not fire this event. :/

It wasn't added because its not a "growable" block in the same sense that wheat and potatoes are.

If you think it should be added, raise an issue on Forge's github.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Hey! Thanks for your quick answers!

23 hours ago, Animefan8888 said:

Add the world generation back yourself. 

For testing I readded the features with brown and red mushrooms to the biome where I started and some mushrooms are generated. The problem is, that I must do it for every biome with mushrooms inside. That feels not right. Or did you mean an other thing?

21 hours ago, Draco18s said:

It wasn't added because its not a "growable" block in the same sense that wheat and potatoes are.

Yes, I can understand your point. Mushrooms don't grow in that way (with age stages). And they can also grow to huge mushrooms.

So here it would be better to invite a new event, for example CropSpreadEvent?!

21 hours ago, Draco18s said:

If you think it should be added, raise an issue on Forge's github.

That is a good idea!

6 hours ago, cech12 said:

Yes, I can understand your point. Mushrooms don't grow in that way (with age stages). And they can also grow to huge mushrooms.

So here it would be better to invite a new event, for example CropSpreadEvent?!

Start with an issue, so that folks can figure out what makes the most sense.

The grow-into-large-mushrooms thing is typically only when bonemealing (or on mycellium? or mushroom island biome??) so it doesn't really count there either for what I'd call "growing."

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

3 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Start with an issue, so that folks can figure out what makes the most sense. 

The grow-into-large-mushrooms thing is typically only when bonemealing (or on mycellium? or mushroom island biome??) so it doesn't really count there either for what I'd call "growing."

Thanks! I started an issue in github. :)