Current Forge Update crashes .jar

So I've followed the instructions from the Forge site and every time I put all the files from the Forge.zip into Minecraft.jar I'm given and error from the Java Virtual Machine Launcher saying: A Java Exception has occurred.  It gives me no pathway to find out more about said error.  I've looked through the .minecraft folder that I know where is and there's no crash report file.  The .exe won't even allow me to edit it.  I'm bothered because I've been trying to mod a technic pack modpack but it keeps telling me I need to update Forge for them to work, and here I can't get Forge to update.

If you're attempting to install forge on any technic launcher pack (not like you should), install it to modpack.jar in /bin,  NOT minecraft.jar.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.