Lock game controls?

Reika

I had been guessing that the reason my threads are usually seemingly ignored is because I usually ask much harder questions than the usual "how do I make blocks face different ways with metadata?" sorts of generic questions, and the more advanced the question gets, the fewer people know the answer.

Though I would prefer replies like "no idea" and "I do not know" to nothing at all, as those would help keep the topic afloat; I really hate self-bumping.

I had been guessing that the reason my threads are usually seemingly ignored is because I usually ask much harder questions than the usual "how do I make blocks face different ways with metadata?" sorts of generic questions, and the more advanced the question gets, the fewer people know the answer.

Though I would prefer replies like "no idea" and "I do not know" to nothing at all, as those would help keep the topic afloat; I really hate self-bumping.

For keys, there's unfortunately no way to lock them unless you use ASM, or a TickHandler. In case of a TickHandler, save the keyBindings array when MC starts, and check each tick (I suggest every 10 ticks, use a ScheduledTickHandler for that) if the key is the same as before, for each key. (You get the keybindings array from the GameSettings instance, probably in the Minecraft instance)

For ASM, or if you want to submit a Pull Request, look up the net.minecraftforge.client.GuiControlsScrollPanel class, the method called elementClicked will fire if the user clicks on a key binding in the options menu. If this does nothing, it won't do anything to that key, no reassignment, not even attempting to do so.

So the modified code for that method would look like:

@Override
    protected void elementClicked(int i, boolean flag)
    {
        if (!flag && !options.keyBindings[i].isLocked)
        {
            // rest of the code
        }
    }

Also I suggest to make the isLocked as a (public) field, so you can modify it even for vanilla KeyBindings.

EDIT: I tested this and it even works for the mouse buttons.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Well, I am not in need of locking the keyboard, but do the same rules apply for mouse?

Also, will this method (I would rather not use ASM because it means becoming a coremod, so I will use a tickhandler) also allow me to lock out mouse movement (so that it does not move the camera angle)?

At any rate, thank you SO much for helping. :D

Well, I am not in need of locking the keyboard, but do the same rules apply for mouse?

Also, will this method (I would rather not use ASM because it means becoming a coremod, so I will use a tickhandler) also allow me to lock out mouse movement (so that it does not move the camera angle)?

At any rate, thank you SO much for helping. :D

Only for the mouse buttons. The movement must be either done in the PlayerController or somewhere else, I don't know.

You could use for this a tickHandler, too, but use a render tick handler (which fires every render tick - which is bound to the FPS you get). I think to do so is to simply get the rotationYaw, rotationYawHead and rotationPitch of the Player, save those in local class variables everytime the movement is not blocked and if the movement shall be blocked, just set the values from the player to those from the local variables.

You have to play wether the code goes into the tickStart or tickEnd method of your tickHandler. Please note this is a very ugly solution, but I think value assignments to variables shouldn't be that resource-consuming, so yeah.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.