Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[UNSOLVED][1.10.2]Need help with TESR and tileentity item

Leomelonseeds

Diesieben07, isn't the minecraft TileEntityChestRenderer class a raw type? If not, can you point out which parts of code make it not raw?

TileEntityChestRenderer

is a raw type, because the class

TileEntityChestRenderer

has a type parameter (

T

). If you do not supply it, you get a raw type.

TileEntityChestRenderer<TileEntityChest>

for example is not a raw type.

Just a question, does the minecraft source code use this.getBlockType when texturing the furnace and if it does, which class is it in? I can't seem to find it.

No, it does not, because the furnace does not use a TESR. It just uses normal Block models.

Ok I don't think this:

package com.leomelonseeds.moarstuff.client.render.blocks;

import com.leomelonseeds.moarstuff.blocks.BlockGrill;
import com.leomelonseeds.moarstuff.tileentity.Grill;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.client.model.ModelChest;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.GlStateManager;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntitySpecialRenderer;
import net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntity;
import net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntityChest;
import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.Side;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public class TileGrillRenderer extends TileEntitySpecialRenderer<Grill>
{

private static final ResourceLocation TEXTURE_BURNING = new ResourceLocation("moarstuff:textures/entity/grill/grill_on.png");
    private static final ResourceLocation TEXTURE_NORMAL = new ResourceLocation("moarstuff:textures/entity/grill/grill_off.png");
    private final ModelChest simpleChest = new ModelChest();

public TileGrillRenderer(){

}

@Override
    public void renderTileEntityAt(Grill te, double x, double y, double z, float partialTicks, int destroyStage)
    {
    	if(!(te instanceof Grill)) return;
    	Grill grill = te;

TileEntityChest tec = new TileEntityChest();

GlStateManager.enableDepth();
        GlStateManager.depthFunc(515);
        GlStateManager.depthMask(true);
        int i;

if (te.hasWorldObj())
        {
            Block block = te.getBlockType();
            i = te.getBlockMetadata();

}
        else
        {
            i = 0;
        }

ModelChest modelchest = this.simpleChest;

if (destroyStage >= 0)
                {
                    this.bindTexture(DESTROY_STAGES[destroyStage]);
                    GlStateManager.matrixMode(5890);
                    GlStateManager.pushMatrix();
                    GlStateManager.scale(4.0F, 4.0F, 1.0F);
                    GlStateManager.translate(0.0625F, 0.0625F, 0.0625F);
                    GlStateManager.matrixMode(5888);
                }
                else if(BlockGrill.isBurning == true){
                	this.bindTexture(TEXTURE_BURNING);
                }

else
                {
                    this.bindTexture(TEXTURE_NORMAL);
                }

GlStateManager.pushMatrix();
            GlStateManager.enableRescaleNormal();

if (destroyStage < 0)
            {
                GlStateManager.color(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);
            }

GlStateManager.translate((float)x, (float)y + 1.0F, (float)z + 1.0F);
            GlStateManager.scale(1.0F, -1.0F, -1.0F);
            GlStateManager.translate(0.5F, 0.5F, 0.5F);
            int j = 0;

if (i == 2)
            {
                j = 180;
            }

if (i == 3)
            {
                j = 0;
            }

if (i == 4)
            {
                j = 90;
            }

if (i == 5)
            {
                j = -90;
            }

GlStateManager.rotate((float)j, 0.0F, 1.0F, 0.0F);
            GlStateManager.translate(-0.5F, -0.5F, -0.5F);
            float f = tec.prevLidAngle + (tec.lidAngle - tec.prevLidAngle) * partialTicks;

f = 1.0F - f;
            f = 1.0F - f * f * f;
            modelchest.chestLid.rotateAngleX = -(f * ((float)Math.PI / 2F));
            modelchest.renderAll();
            GlStateManager.disableRescaleNormal();
            GlStateManager.popMatrix();
            GlStateManager.color(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);

if (destroyStage >= 0)
            {
                GlStateManager.matrixMode(5890);
                GlStateManager.popMatrix();
                GlStateManager.matrixMode(5888);
            }
        }
    }

Is a raw type anymore, but it still does not have an opened lid. Is some event supposed to be triggered in BlockGrill::onBlockActivated that causes the lid to open?

Apparently I'm addicted to these forums and can't help but read all the posts. So if I somehow help you, please click the "Like This" button, it helps.

Also, how does the minecraft furnace set its texture? How does it know if its burning or not?

You could go read the TileEntityFurnace class...

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I read it, cant find anything related to it.

In the update method it calls BlockFurnace#setState(...) which is where you should look to find how it determines if it is on or off (it can be done better). And for textures look in the models.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

I read it, cant find anything related to it.

Really?

Try line 274.

It took me:

32 seconds to open eclipse

16 seconds to open the file

22 seconds to locate that line

35 seconds to make this reply.

I want my minute and a half back.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

To be fair, you knew exactly what segment of code to look for.  ;)

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

but it still does not have an opened lid.
For fucks sake.

renderTileEntityAt

has a parameter of type

TileEntity

(or rather the type of the generic parameter

T

of

TileEntitySpecialRenderer

). This is the TileEntity to be rendered. You completely disregard it, create a new (empty) instance and render that. Of course that freshly created TileEntity will never have an open lid.

Pardon the swearing, but come on.

To be fair, you knew exactly what segment of code to look for.  ;)

I did this:

1) opened the class

2) scrolled down until I saw something called "isBurning" which happened to be a field wrapped in a getter function

3) I searched for this text

4) I found an if-statement checking the value via the getter that did something.

Ok sorry for making you guys so pissed off...  I will look at your answers and see what I can do with them, and hopefully not have any more problems...

Apparently I'm addicted to these forums and can't help but read all the posts. So if I somehow help you, please click the "Like This" button, it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I am going to put isBurning in the Grill's metadata. Also, how am I supposed to call the non-empty instance of Grill? Please don't get mad at me, I know I am really bad.

22 minutes ago, Leomelonseeds said:

Ok I am going to put isBurning in the Grill's metadata. Also, how am I supposed to call the non-empty instance of Grill? Please don't get mad at me, I know I am really bad.

...What?

I repeat... I will put the Grill's burning state in the block's metadata. 

On 1/23/2017 at 4:18 AM, diesieben07 said:

You completely disregard it, create a new (empty) instance and render that.

How do I find the old instance...

2 minutes ago, Leomelonseeds said:

How do I find the old instance...

instance.png

The fuck you think that is?

• Like 1

Its creates a new instance of the tileentity Grill. The thing is I don't know how to fix that.

Off topic question: where did the signatures and stuff go?

36 minutes ago, Leomelonseeds said:

Its creates a new instance of the tileentity Grill.

....No. No it does not.

Go learn some basic Java and come back in a couple weeks.

Because it doesn't call new every time.

Edited by Draco18s

Why are you doing this?

why.png

because of this:

float f = tec.prevLidAngle + (tec.lidAngle - tec.prevLidAngle) * partialTicks;

I need to create new if I want to do that, before it was the TileEntityChest te.

Every time you create a new one, those fields get set back to default.

You can't do that.  You want those fields, put them in YOUR tile entity!

OK I addded the fields and stuff. When I tried to open the grill.... It didnt even open the gui and this happened:

[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(HashMap.java:1429)
[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:1453)
[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at net.minecraft.util.ClassInheritanceMultiMap.<init>(ClassInheritanceMultiMap.java:27)
[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.<init>(Chunk.java:106)
[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.readChunkFromNBT(AnvilChunkLoader.java:453)
[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.checkedReadChunkFromNBT__Async(AnvilChunkLoader.java:138)
[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.loadChunk__Async(AnvilChunkLoader.java:108)
[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.run(ChunkIOProvider.java:68)
[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
[22:17:44] [Chunk I/O Executor Thread-1/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.ThreadGroup:uncaughtException:1052]: 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Bump. By the way thats not a crash, its just what happens.

Grill code:

package com.leomelonseeds.moarstuff.tileentity;

import java.util.Arrays;

import javax.annotation.Nullable;

import com.leomelonseeds.moarstuff.blocks.BlockGrill;

import net.minecraft.block.BlockChest;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.init.SoundEvents;
import net.minecraft.inventory.IInventory;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.item.crafting.FurnaceRecipes;
import net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound;
import net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagIntArray;
import net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagList;
import net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager;
import net.minecraft.network.play.server.SPacketUpdateTileEntity;
import net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntity;
import net.minecraft.tileentity.TileEntityFurnace;
import net.minecraft.util.ITickable;
import net.minecraft.util.SoundCategory;
import net.minecraft.util.math.MathHelper;
import net.minecraft.util.text.ITextComponent;
import net.minecraft.util.text.TextComponentString;
import net.minecraft.util.text.TextComponentTranslation;

public class Grill extends TileEntity implements IInventory, ITickable {

public boolean isBurning;

public float lidAngle;
    /** The angle of the lid last tick */
    public float prevLidAngle;
    public int numPlayersUsing;
	public static final int FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT = 4;
	public static final int INPUT_SLOTS_COUNT = 5;
	public static final int OUTPUT_SLOTS_COUNT = 5;
	public static final int TOTAL_SLOTS_COUNT = FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT + INPUT_SLOTS_COUNT + OUTPUT_SLOTS_COUNT;

public static final int FIRST_FUEL_SLOT = 0;
	public static final int FIRST_INPUT_SLOT = FIRST_FUEL_SLOT + FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT;
	public static final int FIRST_OUTPUT_SLOT = FIRST_INPUT_SLOT + INPUT_SLOTS_COUNT;

private ItemStack[] itemStacks = new ItemStack[TOTAL_SLOTS_COUNT];

/** The number of burn ticks remaining on the current piece of fuel */
	private int [] burnTimeRemaining = new int[FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT];
	/** The initial fuel value of the currently burning fuel (in ticks of burn duration) */
	private int [] burnTimeInitialValue = new int[FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT];

/**The number of ticks the current item has been cooking*/
	private short cookTime;
	/**The number of ticks required to cook an item*/
	private static final short COOK_TIME_FOR_COMPLETION = 200;  // vanilla value is 200 = 10 seconds

private int cachedNumberOfBurningSlots = -1;

/**
	 * Returns the amount of fuel remaining on the currently burning item in the given fuel slot.
	 * @fuelSlot the number of the fuel slot (0..3)
	 * @return fraction remaining, between 0 - 1
	 */
	public double fractionOfFuelRemaining(int fuelSlot)
	{
		if (burnTimeInitialValue[fuelSlot] <= 0 ) return 0;
		double fraction = burnTimeRemaining[fuelSlot] / (double)burnTimeInitialValue[fuelSlot];
		return MathHelper.clamp_double(fraction, 0.0, 1.0);
	}

/**
	 * return the remaining burn time of the fuel in the given slot
	 * @param fuelSlot the number of the fuel slot (0..3)
	 * @return seconds remaining
	 */
	public int secondsOfFuelRemaining(int fuelSlot)
	{
		if (burnTimeRemaining[fuelSlot] <= 0 ) return 0;
		return burnTimeRemaining[fuelSlot] / 20; // 20 ticks per second
	}

/**
	 * Get the number of slots which have fuel burning in them.
	 * @return number of slots with burning fuel, 0 - FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT
	 */
	public int numberOfBurningFuelSlots()
	{
		int burningCount = 0;
		for (int burnTime : burnTimeRemaining) {
			if (burnTime > 0) ++burningCount;
		}
		return burningCount;
	}

/**
	 * Returns the amount of cook time completed on the currently cooking item.
	 * @return fraction remaining, between 0 - 1
	 */
	public double fractionOfCookTimeComplete()
	{
		double fraction = cookTime / (double)COOK_TIME_FOR_COMPLETION;
		return MathHelper.clamp_double(fraction, 0.0, 1.0);
	}

// This method is called every tick to update the tile entity, i.e.
	// - see if the fuel has run out, and if so turn the furnace "off" and slowly uncook the current item (if any)
	// - see if any of the items have finished smelting
	// It runs both on the server and the client.
	@Override
	public void update() {
		// If there is nothing to smelt or there is no room in the output, reset cookTime and return
		if (canSmelt()) {
			this.isBurning = true;
			int numberOfFuelBurning = burnFuel();

// If fuel is available, keep cooking the item, otherwise start "uncooking" it at double speed
			if (numberOfFuelBurning > 0) {
				cookTime += numberOfFuelBurning;
			}	else {
				cookTime -= 2;
			}

if (cookTime < 0) cookTime = 0;

// If cookTime has reached maxCookTime smelt the item and reset cookTime
			if (cookTime >= COOK_TIME_FOR_COMPLETION) {
				smeltItem();
				cookTime = 0;
			}
		}	else {
			cookTime = 0;
			this.isBurning = false;
		}

int i = this.pos.getX();
        int j = this.pos.getY();
        int k = this.pos.getZ();

this.prevLidAngle = this.lidAngle;
        float f1 = 0.1F;

if (this.numPlayersUsing > 0 && this.lidAngle == 0.0F)
        {
            double d1 = (double)i + 0.5D;
            double d2 = (double)k + 0.5D;

this.worldObj.playSound((EntityPlayer)null, d1, (double)j + 0.5D, d2, SoundEvents.BLOCK_CHEST_OPEN, SoundCategory.BLOCKS, 0.5F, this.worldObj.rand.nextFloat() * 0.1F + 0.9F);
        }

if (this.numPlayersUsing == 0 && this.lidAngle > 0.0F || this.numPlayersUsing > 0 && this.lidAngle < 1.0F)
        {
            float f2 = this.lidAngle;

if (this.numPlayersUsing > 0)
            {
                this.lidAngle += 0.1F;
            }
            else
            {
                this.lidAngle -= 0.1F;
            }

if (this.lidAngle > 1.0F)
            {
                this.lidAngle = 1.0F;
            }

float f3 = 0.5F;

if (this.lidAngle < 0.5F && f2 >= 0.5F)
            {
                double d3 = (double)i + 0.5D;
                double d0 = (double)k + 0.5D;

this.worldObj.playSound((EntityPlayer)null, d3, (double)j + 0.5D, d0, SoundEvents.BLOCK_CHEST_CLOSE, SoundCategory.BLOCKS, 0.5F, this.worldObj.rand.nextFloat() * 0.1F + 0.9F);
            }

if (this.lidAngle < 0.0F)
            {
                this.lidAngle = 0.0F;
            }
        }
    }

/**
	 * 	for each fuel slot: decreases the burn time, checks if burnTimeRemaining = 0 and tries to consume a new piece of fuel if one is available
	 * @return the number of fuel slots which are burning
	 */
	private int burnFuel() {
		int burningCount = 0;
		boolean inventoryChanged = false;
		// Iterate over all the fuel slots
		for (int i = 0; i < FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT; i++) {
			int fuelSlotNumber = i + FIRST_FUEL_SLOT;
			if (burnTimeRemaining[i] > 0) {
				--burnTimeRemaining[i];
				++burningCount;
			}
			if (burnTimeRemaining[i] == 0) {
				if (itemStacks[fuelSlotNumber] != null && getItemBurnTime(itemStacks[fuelSlotNumber]) > 0) {
					// If the stack in this slot is not null and is fuel, set burnTimeRemaining & burnTimeInitialValue to the
					// item's burn time and decrease the stack size
					burnTimeRemaining[i] = burnTimeInitialValue[i] = getItemBurnTime(itemStacks[fuelSlotNumber]);
					--itemStacks[fuelSlotNumber].stackSize;
					++burningCount;
					inventoryChanged = true;
				// If the stack size now equals 0 set the slot contents to the items container item. This is for fuel
				// items such as lava buckets so that the bucket is not consumed. If the item dose not have
				// a container item getContainerItem returns null which sets the slot contents to null
					if (itemStacks[fuelSlotNumber].stackSize == 0) {
						itemStacks[fuelSlotNumber] = itemStacks[fuelSlotNumber].getItem().getContainerItem(itemStacks[fuelSlotNumber]);
					}
				}
			}
		}
		if (inventoryChanged) markDirty();
		return burningCount;
	}

/**
	 * Check if any of the input items are smeltable and there is sufficient space in the output slots
	 * @return true if smelting is possible
	 */
	private boolean canSmelt() {return smeltItem(false);}

/**
	 * Smelt an input item into an output slot, if possible
	 */
	private void smeltItem() {smeltItem(true);}

/**
	 * checks that there is an item to be smelted in one of the input slots and that there is room for the result in the output slots
	 * If desired, performs the smelt
	 * @param performSmelt if true, perform the smelt.  if false, check whether smelting is possible, but don't change the inventory
	 * @return false if no items can be smelted, true otherwise
	 */
	private boolean smeltItem(boolean performSmelt)
	{
		Integer firstSuitableInputSlot = null;
		Integer firstSuitableOutputSlot = null;
		ItemStack result = null;

// finds the first input slot which is smeltable and whose result fits into an output slot (stacking if possible)
		for (int inputSlot = FIRST_INPUT_SLOT; inputSlot < FIRST_INPUT_SLOT + INPUT_SLOTS_COUNT; inputSlot++)	{
			if (itemStacks[inputSlot] != null) {
				result = getSmeltingResultForItem(itemStacks[inputSlot]);
  			if (result != null) {
					// find the first suitable output slot- either empty, or with identical item that has enough space
					for (int outputSlot = FIRST_OUTPUT_SLOT; outputSlot < FIRST_OUTPUT_SLOT + OUTPUT_SLOTS_COUNT; outputSlot++) {
						ItemStack outputStack = itemStacks[outputSlot];
						if (outputStack == null) {
							firstSuitableInputSlot = inputSlot;
							firstSuitableOutputSlot = outputSlot;
							break;
						}

if (outputStack.getItem() == result.getItem() && (!outputStack.getHasSubtypes() || outputStack.getMetadata() == outputStack.getMetadata())
										&& ItemStack.areItemStackTagsEqual(outputStack, result)) {
							int combinedSize = itemStacks[outputSlot].stackSize + result.stackSize;
							if (combinedSize <= getInventoryStackLimit() && combinedSize <= itemStacks[outputSlot].getMaxStackSize()) {
								firstSuitableInputSlot = inputSlot;
								firstSuitableOutputSlot = outputSlot;
								break;
							}
						}
					}
					if (firstSuitableInputSlot != null) break;
				}
			}
		}

if (firstSuitableInputSlot == null) return false;
		if (!performSmelt) return true;

// alter input and output
		itemStacks[firstSuitableInputSlot].stackSize--;
		if (itemStacks[firstSuitableInputSlot].stackSize <=0) itemStacks[firstSuitableInputSlot] = null;
		if (itemStacks[firstSuitableOutputSlot] == null) {
			itemStacks[firstSuitableOutputSlot] = result.copy(); // Use deep .copy() to avoid altering the recipe
		} else {
			itemStacks[firstSuitableOutputSlot].stackSize += result.stackSize;
		}
		markDirty();
		return true;
	}

// returns the smelting result for the given stack. Returns null if the given stack can not be smelted
	public static ItemStack getSmeltingResultForItem(ItemStack stack) { return FurnaceRecipes.instance().getSmeltingResult(stack); }

// returns the number of ticks the given item will burn. Returns 0 if the given item is not a valid fuel
	public static short getItemBurnTime(ItemStack stack)
	{
		int burntime = TileEntityFurnace.getItemBurnTime(stack);  // just use the vanilla values
		return (short)MathHelper.clamp_int(burntime, 0, Short.MAX_VALUE);
	}

// Gets the number of slots in the inventory
	@Override
	public int getSizeInventory() {
		return itemStacks.length;
	}

// Gets the stack in the given slot
	@Override
	public ItemStack getStackInSlot(int i) {
		return itemStacks[i];
	}

/**
	 * Removes some of the units from itemstack in the given slot, and returns as a separate itemstack
	 * @param slotIndex the slot number to remove the items from
	 * @param count the number of units to remove
	 * @return a new itemstack containing the units removed from the slot
	 */
	@Override
	public ItemStack decrStackSize(int slotIndex, int count) {
		ItemStack itemStackInSlot = getStackInSlot(slotIndex);
		if (itemStackInSlot == null) return null;

ItemStack itemStackRemoved;
		if (itemStackInSlot.stackSize <= count) {
			itemStackRemoved = itemStackInSlot;
			setInventorySlotContents(slotIndex, null);
		} else {
			itemStackRemoved = itemStackInSlot.splitStack(count);
			if (itemStackInSlot.stackSize == 0) {
				setInventorySlotContents(slotIndex, null);
			}
		}
		markDirty();
		return itemStackRemoved;
	}

// overwrites the stack in the given slotIndex with the given stack
	@Override
	public void setInventorySlotContents(int slotIndex, ItemStack itemstack) {
		itemStacks[slotIndex] = itemstack;
		if (itemstack != null && itemstack.stackSize > getInventoryStackLimit()) {
			itemstack.stackSize = getInventoryStackLimit();
		}
		markDirty();
	}

// This is the maximum number if items allowed in each slot
	// This only affects things such as hoppers trying to insert items you need to use the container to enforce this for players
	// inserting items via the gui
	@Override
	public int getInventoryStackLimit() {
		return 64;
	}

// Return true if the given player is able to use this block. In this case it checks that
	// 1) the world tileentity hasn't been replaced in the meantime, and
	// 2) the player isn't too far away from the centre of the block
	@Override
	public boolean isUseableByPlayer(EntityPlayer player) {
		if (this.worldObj.getTileEntity(this.pos) != this) return false;
		final double X_CENTRE_OFFSET = 0.5;
		final double Y_CENTRE_OFFSET = 0.5;
		final double Z_CENTRE_OFFSET = 0.5;
		final double MAXIMUM_DISTANCE_SQ = 8.0 * 8.0;
		return player.getDistanceSq(pos.getX() + X_CENTRE_OFFSET, pos.getY() + Y_CENTRE_OFFSET, pos.getZ() + Z_CENTRE_OFFSET) < MAXIMUM_DISTANCE_SQ;
	}

// Return true if the given stack is allowed to be inserted in the given slot
	// Unlike the vanilla furnace, we allow anything to be placed in the fuel slots
	static public boolean isItemValidForFuelSlot(ItemStack itemStack)
	{
		return true;
	}

static public boolean isItemValidForInputSlot(ItemStack itemStack)
	{
		return true;
	}

static public boolean isItemValidForOutputSlot(ItemStack itemStack)
	{
		return false;
	}

//------------------------------

// This is where you save any data that you don't want to lose when the tile entity unloads
	// In this case, it saves the state of the furnace (burn time etc) and the itemstacks stored in the fuel, input, and output slots
	@Override
	public NBTTagCompound writeToNBT(NBTTagCompound parentNBTTagCompound)
	{
		super.writeToNBT(parentNBTTagCompound); // The super call is required to save and load the tiles location

//		// Save the stored item stacks

// to use an analogy with Java, this code generates an array of hashmaps
		// The itemStack in each slot is converted to an NBTTagCompound, which is effectively a hashmap of key->value pairs such
		//   as slot=1, id=2353, count=1, etc
		// Each of these NBTTagCompound are then inserted into NBTTagList, which is similar to an array.
		NBTTagList dataForAllSlots = new NBTTagList();
		for (int i = 0; i < this.itemStacks.length; ++i) {
			if (this.itemStacks[i] != null) {
				NBTTagCompound dataForThisSlot = new NBTTagCompound();
				dataForThisSlot.setByte("Slot", (byte) i);
				this.itemStacks[i].writeToNBT(dataForThisSlot);
				dataForAllSlots.appendTag(dataForThisSlot);
			}
		}
		// the array of hashmaps is then inserted into the parent hashmap for the container
		parentNBTTagCompound.setTag("Items", dataForAllSlots);

// Save everything else
		parentNBTTagCompound.setShort("CookTime", cookTime);
	  parentNBTTagCompound.setTag("burnTimeRemaining", new NBTTagIntArray(burnTimeRemaining));
		parentNBTTagCompound.setTag("burnTimeInitial", new NBTTagIntArray(burnTimeInitialValue));
    return parentNBTTagCompound;
	}

// This is where you load the data that you saved in writeToNBT
	@Override
	public void readFromNBT(NBTTagCompound nbtTagCompound)
	{
		super.readFromNBT(nbtTagCompound); // The super call is required to save and load the tiles location
		final byte NBT_TYPE_COMPOUND = 10;       // See NBTBase.createNewByType() for a listing
		NBTTagList dataForAllSlots = nbtTagCompound.getTagList("Items", NBT_TYPE_COMPOUND);

Arrays.fill(itemStacks, null);           // set all slots to empty
		for (int i = 0; i < dataForAllSlots.tagCount(); ++i) {
			NBTTagCompound dataForOneSlot = dataForAllSlots.getCompoundTagAt(i);
			byte slotNumber = dataForOneSlot.getByte("Slot");
			if (slotNumber >= 0 && slotNumber < this.itemStacks.length) {
				this.itemStacks[slotNumber] = ItemStack.loadItemStackFromNBT(dataForOneSlot);
			}
		}

// Load everything else.  Trim the arrays (or pad with 0) to make sure they have the correct number of elements
		cookTime = nbtTagCompound.getShort("CookTime");
		burnTimeRemaining = Arrays.copyOf(nbtTagCompound.getIntArray("burnTimeRemaining"), FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT);
		burnTimeInitialValue = Arrays.copyOf(nbtTagCompound.getIntArray("burnTimeInitial"), FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT);
		cachedNumberOfBurningSlots = -1;
	}

//	// When the world loads from disk, the server needs to send the TileEntity information to the client
//	//  it uses getUpdatePacket(), getUpdateTag(), onDataPacket(), and handleUpdateTag() to do this
  @Override
  @Nullable
  public SPacketUpdateTileEntity getUpdatePacket()
  {
    NBTTagCompound updateTagDescribingTileEntityState = getUpdateTag();
    final int METADATA = 0;
    return new SPacketUpdateTileEntity(this.pos, METADATA, updateTagDescribingTileEntityState);
  }

@Override
  public void onDataPacket(NetworkManager net, SPacketUpdateTileEntity pkt) {
    NBTTagCompound updateTagDescribingTileEntityState = pkt.getNbtCompound();
    handleUpdateTag(updateTagDescribingTileEntityState);
  }

/* Creates a tag containing the TileEntity information, used by vanilla to transmit from server to client
     Warning - although our getUpdatePacket() uses this method, vanilla also calls it directly, so don't remove it.
   */
  @Override
  public NBTTagCompound getUpdateTag()
  {
		NBTTagCompound nbtTagCompound = new NBTTagCompound();
		writeToNBT(nbtTagCompound);
    return nbtTagCompound;
  }

/* Populates this TileEntity with information from the tag, used by vanilla to transmit from server to client
   Warning - although our onDataPacket() uses this method, vanilla also calls it directly, so don't remove it.
 */
  @Override
  public void handleUpdateTag(NBTTagCompound tag)
  {
    this.readFromNBT(tag);
  }
  //------------------------

// set all slots to empty
	@Override
	public void clear() {
		Arrays.fill(itemStacks, null);
	}

// will add a key for this container to the lang file so we can name it in the GUI
	@Override
	public String getName() {
		return "container.grill.name";
	}

@Override
	public boolean hasCustomName() {
		return false;
	}

// standard code to look up what the human-readable name is
  @Nullable
  @Override
  public ITextComponent getDisplayName() {
		return this.hasCustomName() ? new TextComponentString(this.getName()) : new TextComponentTranslation(this.getName());
	}

// Fields are used to send non-inventory information from the server to interested clients
	// The container code caches the fields and sends the client any fields which have changed.
	// The field ID is limited to byte, and the field value is limited to short. (if you use more than this, they get cast down
	//   in the network packets)
	// If you need more than this, or shorts are too small, use a custom packet in your container instead.

private static final byte COOK_FIELD_ID = 0;
	private static final byte FIRST_BURN_TIME_REMAINING_FIELD_ID = 1;
	private static final byte FIRST_BURN_TIME_INITIAL_FIELD_ID = FIRST_BURN_TIME_REMAINING_FIELD_ID + (byte)FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT;
	private static final byte NUMBER_OF_FIELDS = FIRST_BURN_TIME_INITIAL_FIELD_ID + (byte)FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT;

@Override
	public int getField(int id) {
		if (id == COOK_FIELD_ID) return cookTime;
		if (id >= FIRST_BURN_TIME_REMAINING_FIELD_ID && id < FIRST_BURN_TIME_REMAINING_FIELD_ID + FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT) {
			return burnTimeRemaining[id - FIRST_BURN_TIME_REMAINING_FIELD_ID];
		}
		if (id >= FIRST_BURN_TIME_INITIAL_FIELD_ID && id < FIRST_BURN_TIME_INITIAL_FIELD_ID + FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT) {
			return burnTimeInitialValue[id - FIRST_BURN_TIME_INITIAL_FIELD_ID];
		}
		System.err.println("Invalid field ID in TileInventorySmelting.getField:" + id);
		return 0;
	}

@Override
	public void setField(int id, int value)
	{
		if (id == COOK_FIELD_ID) {
			cookTime = (short)value;
		} else if (id >= FIRST_BURN_TIME_REMAINING_FIELD_ID && id < FIRST_BURN_TIME_REMAINING_FIELD_ID + FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT) {
			burnTimeRemaining[id - FIRST_BURN_TIME_REMAINING_FIELD_ID] = value;
		} else if (id >= FIRST_BURN_TIME_INITIAL_FIELD_ID && id < FIRST_BURN_TIME_INITIAL_FIELD_ID + FUEL_SLOTS_COUNT) {
			burnTimeInitialValue[id - FIRST_BURN_TIME_INITIAL_FIELD_ID] = value;
		} else {
			System.err.println("Invalid field ID in TileInventorySmelting.setField:" + id);
		}
	}

@Override
	public int getFieldCount() {
		return NUMBER_OF_FIELDS;
	}

// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	// The following methods are not needed for this example but are part of IInventory so they must be implemented

// Unused unless your container specifically uses it.
	// Return true if the given stack is allowed to go in the given slot
	@Override
	public boolean isItemValidForSlot(int slotIndex, ItemStack itemstack) {
		return false;
	}

/**
	 * This method removes the entire contents of the given slot and returns it.
	 * Used by containers such as crafting tables which return any items in their slots when you close the GUI
	 * @param slotIndex
	 * @return
	 */
	@Override
	public ItemStack removeStackFromSlot(int slotIndex) {
		ItemStack itemStack = getStackInSlot(slotIndex);
		if (itemStack != null) setInventorySlotContents(slotIndex, null);
		return itemStack;
	}

public boolean receiveClientEvent(int id, int type)
    {
        if (id == 1)
        {
            this.numPlayersUsing = type;
            return true;
        }
        else
        {
            return super.receiveClientEvent(id, type);
        }
    }

public void openInventory(EntityPlayer player)
    {
        if (!player.isSpectator())
        {
            if (this.numPlayersUsing < 0)
            {
                this.numPlayersUsing = 0;
            }

++this.numPlayersUsing;
            this.worldObj.addBlockEvent(this.pos, this.getBlockType(), 1, this.numPlayersUsing);
            this.worldObj.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(this.pos, this.getBlockType());
            this.worldObj.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(this.pos.down(), this.getBlockType());
        }
    }
    public void closeInventory(EntityPlayer player)
    {
        if (!player.isSpectator() && this.getBlockType() instanceof BlockChest)
        {
            --this.numPlayersUsing;
            this.worldObj.addBlockEvent(this.pos, this.getBlockType(), 1, this.numPlayersUsing);
            this.worldObj.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(this.pos, this.getBlockType());
            this.worldObj.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(this.pos.down(), this.getBlockType());
        }
    }

}

Also, do you think I should lock this thread and start a new one?This one has too many replies