Ore/LiquidDictionary Problems (Please Make IT PLEASE)

Moritz

Hello. I have problems with the dictionaries.

The problem is i never find a list of the names. and i do not want to decomplie 50 mods to find my name thats kinda ignore me.

Thats why i ask does anybody has a list with all liquidNames and Orenames for the easy finding of ores and liquids (i know bad english but i am mad with that.)

Answer would be nice

Event handlers.

public class EventHookOreRegistration {
@ForgeSubscribe
public void entityAttacked(OreDictionary.OreRegisterEvent event) {
	if(event.Name.indexOf("ore") >= 0 || event.Name.indexOf("gem") >= 0) {
		MapsBase.oreBlocks.add(event.Ore);
	}
}
}

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

First of all im still using 1.4.7.

Second part i know how to get all ores. But i made my own macerrator and i do not want to get all ores at ones.

I want a list of all ores without installing the mods itself. So that i can plan my things.

i mean like this function.

for(ItemStack ore : OreDictionary.getOres("copperOre"))
{
     if(ore != null)
     {

Macerrator.getRecipes().addRecipe(ore.itemID, ore.getItemDamage(), new ItemStack(Item.copperDust, 2));
      }

}

i mean a list like it was before in 1.0. there was a list of names in the oredictionaryclass.

like that:

"Most used ares are these:

oreCopper, oreTin, oreSilver, uraniumDrop, oreNikolite, and and and"

but this is no longer implemented. and it makes people who does not have the connections to other modders very hard to get compatible.

Stupid thing to delete that (Small but good) list.

It was unnecessary. So far as I know there is no comprehensive list of ores. You'll have to make a list from all of the mods. Good luck!

If it helps, our mod (SBFP Tech) implements these ores:

{"oreThorium","oreFluorite","oreMoS2","oreRutile","oreCinnabar","oreLimonite","orePyrolusite","oreAs"} which are monazite, fluorite, molybdenite, rutile, cinnabar, limonite, pyrolusite, and arsenopyrite respectively.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.

I want a list of all ores without installing the mods itself. So that i can plan my things.

I created my own block to test with.  It didn't do anything, but I had a block called "Copper Ore" that I used to make sure that the event was firing and that the block ID was getting saved for later use.

Very minor differences between 147 and 151 on Forge's end of things (i.e. the dictionary should work the same on both).

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

I created my own block to test with.  It didn't do anything, but I had a block called "Copper Ore" that I used to make sure that the event was firing and that the block ID was getting saved for later use.

Very minor differences between 147 and 151 on Forge's end of things (i.e. the dictionary should work the same on both).

He wants a list of names used by mods in general, not a list of names used in the current mod(pack).

BEWARE OF GOD

---

He wants a list of names used by mods in general, not a list of names used in the current mod(pack).

Thats right i want a list of ores.

ForgeForum made a list of Item/BlockIDs why the could not make an ore/liquidDictionary list which everyone can download (like an textdata) and everyone who adds something with an mod can poste it there. (Only ores and liquids). at the moment i read it from Mekanismen and IC2 source. But that does not help really because they do not offer all blocks.

^^" Thats kinda sucks.

I asked for the list a view moths ago where i was a noob in modding (now i am making pipes and co). but how good i am at the moment does not really interesst. The only thing i think is important make a ore/liquidDictionary List.

Thats right i want a list of ores.

ForgeForum made a list of Item/BlockIDs why the could not make an ore/liquidDictionary list which everyone can download (like an textdata) and everyone who adds something with an mod can poste it there. (Only ores and liquids). at the moment i read it from Mekanismen and IC2 source. But that does not help really because they do not offer all blocks.

^^" Thats kinda sucks.

I asked for the list a view moths ago where i was a noob in modding (now i am making pipes and co). but how good i am at the moment does not really interesst. The only thing i think is important make a ore/liquidDictionary List.

To be fair, though, that list is unofficial, it does not encompass all mods, and I think it is outdated besides. Perhaps you could start a similar topic, though; I think it would be a good idea.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

You...are not going to find what you're looking for anywhere.

Moritz, I don't get your point. As far as I see there's still the OreDictionary with all the functionality. The OreDictionary.getOres(String name) still exists and it does so in Forge for 1.4.7, too. Because you know, how would RP2, IC2, Factorization and Thermal Expansion copper work together if not with the help of the OreDictionary. If you want to achieve something else, please specify your problem.

You...are not going to find what you're looking for anywhere.

Unless someone started an unofficial list of ores like the way cpw started the unofficial block ID list. Heck, I would support that. It could be helpful.

Moritz, I don't get your point. As far as I see there's still the OreDictionary with all the functionality. The OreDictionary.getOres(String name) still exists and it does so in Forge for 1.4.7, too. Because you know, how would RP2, IC2, Factorization and Thermal Expansion copper work together if not with the help of the OreDictionary. If you want to achieve something else, please specify your problem.

He wants a list of ores used by *all* mods, not just the ones installed. Did you actually read the comments? I have clarified that at least twice.

BEWARE OF GOD

---