Mods Not Visible Ingame? 1.19

PunkPanda

So I haven't messed around with Minecraft since Alpha and barely remembered how to make texture packs work so please go easy on me (I'm using Bedrock). Anyway, when I open the game and click the Mods button, it doesn't show anything but Forge. I hit the Open Mods Folder button and the mods I wanted to try are all there. No matter how many times I take them out and put them back in, they simply don't show up. I already double-checked that I have the latest version of Java, even reinstalled it anyway, and nothing. I double-checked that all of them are for 1.19 like my version of Forge.

Is there something obvious I'm missing? Would someone give me some steps to try? I tried finding similar issues and the versions are either outdated or I get generic but imo fairly extreme suggestions like "Re-Image Windows" and tbh I have enough other stuff with enough built up content that I'd rather give up on Minecraft mods than go that far.

7Hca3F5.png

8 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

if you playing on CurseForge you need to enable the debug.log in the settings

What's the difference between Forge and CurseForge? I installed it directly from the files here. And what settings where? Like I said, I'm new to this, and anything I know to open doesn't show that as a settings option. Please, can you explain or tell me where to find instructions?

I installed CurseForge but I still don't see any option for enabling a debug.log... and I don't see any way to import the mods I already downloaded.

Edit: I have asked repeatedly for step-by-step instructions, stated repeatedly that I am new to Minecraft modding, and that has been ignored every single time. It seems pretty obvious that people who are new to modding are not welcome here. I've broken down crying out of frustration twice just trying to understand what is being demanded I already know to do without anyone, anywhere, having directions I can find either here or on Google. Someone please just give me step by step instructions or I'm going to have to give up on trying to mod this. I haven't gotten this kind of runaround with any other game community.

Edited by PunkPanda

Then why tell me I need to enable something on CurseForge when I said I didn't have it? No one told me it's a file on my PC that's automatically made. No one has said where to look for it. No one is giving me the only thing I'm asking for which isn't hard to do. I give people step by step instructions every time I try to help with something and they ask. Why is that hard here to give or get?

I had no reason to assume it would be generated automatically without something crashing first.

Edited by PunkPanda

Can you confirm the place where you put the mods is 

C:\Users\mamcc\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

It won't work if you do that. The mods have to be present when you start the game.

Post the log with the mods present.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

It is finding your mods, e.g.

[08Jul2022 20:53:36.689] [main/DEBUG] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.moddiscovery.ModFileInfo/LOADING]: Found valid mod file mcw-bridges-2.0.3-mc1.19.jar with {mcwbridges} mods - versions {2.0.3}

You have an error, but that log you posted doesn't show any errors.

Are you sure it is complete? Compare the bottom of your actual log file with what is at the bottom of what you posted.

Boilerplate:

One thing you can try is to add your mods one-by-one to the mods folder to locate which mod is causing the problem.

Boilerplate:

8 hours ago, warjort said:

It is finding your mods, e.g.

You have an error, but that log you posted doesn't show any errors.

Are you sure it is complete? Compare the bottom of your actual log file with what is at the bottom of what you posted.

It's a straight CTRL+A CTRL+V copypasta so yeah it's identical.

8 hours ago, warjort said:

One thing you can try is to add your mods one-by-one to the mods folder to locate which mod is causing the problem.

Having any mods in the mod folder whatsoever was giving this error, hence my trying to put them in after loading. I'm not completely new to modding, just modding Minecraft, so I knew to try one thing at a time if it wasn't working.

As of today though, I think I'm just going to have to wait a while anyway to be able to play using Forge-based mods because I was reading that I'd have to switch Forge and all my mods to older versions to be able to use shaders since Optifine doesn't have a version out yet that supports Forge for 1.19, and I can't play at all without shaders anyway (I get headaches trying to play without any).

35 minutes ago, PunkPanda said:

It's a straight CTRL+A CTRL+V copypasta so yeah it's identical.

Having any mods in the mod folder whatsoever was giving this error, hence my trying to put them in after loading. I'm not completely new to modding, just modding Minecraft, so I knew to try one thing at a time if it wasn't working.

As of today though, I think I'm just going to have to wait a while anyway to be able to play using Forge-based mods because I was reading that I'd have to switch Forge and all my mods to older versions to be able to use shaders since Optifine doesn't have a version out yet that supports Forge for 1.19, and I can't play at all without shaders anyway (I get headaches trying to play without any).

Copy-Paste may not always get everything, depending on the size limit of your copy-paste and/or the limit of wherever you're pasting to. You should generally check the end of the thing being copied to make sure it makes it across to wherever you're pasting it to. The log you've posted looks like it cuts off in the middle of something, so we're checking whether that's what actually happened or if it's an error with the copy-pasting.

As for putting the mods in afterwards, sieben's right - the game doesn't update dynamically from the mods folder. A better way of thinking about it is that when you start forge, it assembles all the provided mods into a cohesive modded game that you then play - it generally doesn't go back to check the mods folder until you restart the game entirely. It was a good idea to try to circumvent the problem you were having, but unfortunately that method isn't going to work.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements