Textures and LanguageRegistry in preInit instead of Init

sorash67

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is odd! pm me and explain exactly what you did and how your files and the code look like and i will try to help you! :)

-sorash67 || Skorpio

Who is this directed to?

my bad, it was directed to the ones with texture problems!

-sorash67 || Skorpio

Icon and textures on the wiki.

Funny.  Because I updated that tutorial for 1.5 and I can't get my existing code to work with 1.6

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Funny.  Because I updated that tutorial for 1.5 and I can't get my existing code to work with 1.6

Make sure the names for your image's folder is lowercase in the directory and code. Worked for me

Make sure the names for your image's folder is lowercase in the directory and code. Worked for me

Did.  No dice.

2013-07-03 10:08:21 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Using missing texture, unable to load: traps:textures/blocks/iron_spikes.png

File is at:

mcp\src\minecraft\assets\traps\textures\blocks\iron_spikes.png

Register function:

public void registerIcons(IconRegister par1IconRegister)
    {
        this.blockIcon = par1IconRegister.registerIcon("traps:iron_spikes");
    }

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Did.  No dice.

2013-07-03 10:08:21 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] Using missing texture, unable to load: traps:textures/blocks/iron_spikes.png

File is at:

mcp\src\minecraft\assets\traps\textures\blocks\iron_spikes.png

Register function:

{
    }

are you putting the .func111022_d() when you declare your block as well as this?

-sorash67 || Skorpio

are you putting the .func111022_d() when you declare your block as well as this?

Good sir, this function has not been mentioned in any thread related to this topic.

How have you come to this conclusion and why has it not been mentioned heretofore?

Everything worked for me!

My textures are in

MCP/src/minecraft/assets/{modid}/textures/items|blocks/.png files

The code i use

public void registerIcons(IconRegister iconRegister) {

itemIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon("modid:Texture");

}

I found that if you use Par1iconRegister it will not register the textures directory and will give you an error!

I am not putting anything inside the jar!

Check Out My Modding Tutorials For Minecraft Forge!

http://www.youtube.com/user/XxxXEclipse7XxxX

Check Out My Forums -

http://www.theaustralianmodder.com

public void registerIcons(IconRegister iconRegister) {

itemIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon("modid:Texture");

}

I found that if you use Par1iconRegister it will not register the textures directory and will give you an error!

Duh.  Par1iconRegister isn't defined.  It shouldn't even compile.

However, it is defined here:

{
    }

PRO-TIP: changing your variable names doesn't effect jack didly squat!

Good sir, this function has not been mentioned in any thread related to this topic.

How have you come to this conclusion and why has it not been mentioned heretofore?

i mentioned this because this is what minecraft uses to get the textures. and maybe if you looked at the changelog, you'd see that Lex made this function public rather than protected.

-sorash67 || Skorpio

i mentioned this because this is what minecraft uses to get the textures. and maybe if you looked at the changelog, you'd see that Lex made this function public rather than protected.

You also haven't told me:

1) where I need to put this function

2) spelled it right (deobfuscated function names are func_[number] not func[number])

3) told me what class it is a part of

4) where to find an example

try looking in Block.class and you can find as many examples as you want! however Lex never said that this function is needed to put in for the textures to work!

and yes, people make mistakes, i forgot the "_".

-sorash67 || Skorpio

I have my textures working in 758, and I don't have func_111022 in my block declaration. I simply put the textures where lex said to, then changed the declarations to preInitialization, as well as updating the registerIcon functions.

If you really want help, give that modder a thank you.

Modders LOVE thank yous.

I have my textures working in 758, and I don't have func_111022 in my block declaration. I simply put the textures where lex said to, then changed the declarations to preInitialization, as well as updating the registerIcon functions.

pretty much what i did! but i didnt have to change anything in the icon registering!

-sorash67 || Skorpio

try looking in Block.class and you can find as many examples as you want!

Finally.

Took a look.

No dice.

I put my textures where Lex has said to and changed EVERYTHING to go in pre init.

No luck.

What's this "update to registerIcon function" change?

Also, when I put my language registry in the pre-unit I get an error that I can't use language registry in pre-init

you're probably putting languageregistry before you declare your block!

So far this topic has been no help at all because we are not get the full code changes to get textures working.

this topic was made to gather help and find the right code to solve the problem, not provide you with it.

-sorash67 || Skorpio

Nothing, actually. I thought I did change something, but I can't find it after comparing my 1.5.2 code with 758. Also, put everything in preInit, but remember that preInit is no longer called that. Instead, it should be:

@EventHandler
public void load(FMLPreInitializationEvent event) {}

It is still the FMLPreInitializationEvent, but this goes inside @EventHandler.

If you really want help, give that modder a thank you.

Modders LOVE thank yous.